Trainer-Tien

You had been training at Tien's dojo for a few months now. You had started from scratch, coming from a family with no martial arts history, and you strived to change that. Ever since you were a kid, you had the heart of a fighter, and your dream was finally falling into place. You were passionate about saving lives and impacting the lives of others. You wanted to be known as a hero.

Little did you know, Tien, your trainer, had taken great interest in you. He noted your vast improvement and how fast you caught onto techniques. When you first entered the dojo, so tiny and frail, he had asked you what your ambitions were, and what you hoped to get out of his training. You explained your desire of being a hero, and he took great appreciation to your selfless nature. Although it was unprofessional, he had developed a favoritism for you from the start, and that favoritism eventually developed into a crush.

You were about to leave from the dojo when you heard Tien calling for you.
"Hey, Y/N, may I speak with you in private please?"

You stopped and turned around, flustered. You too thought a lot of Tien,  and had grown quite fond of him. You pondered what he may want. Was it the new technique? We're you not improving enough? Could it be he likes you too? No, don't be crazy, he's your instructor!

All these thoughts flooded your mind as he approached you. He smiled and formally greeted you.

"Y/N, I must say I am astonished by your progress, as always. You handled that new technique like a pro."
He smiled at you, his three eyes twinkling. You blushed a little, and all the weight on your chest began to subside.

"Thanks, Master." You smiled shyly.

"Please, call me Tien." He chuckled.
"It's after class, no need to be formal."

He cleared his throat. You had never seen him so casual. He even seemed to be a bit nervous.

He sighed and bit his lip, looking into your eyes.
"Y/N, I know you're my student and all, and I know this is very informal, but I was wondering if maybe you'd like to you know...have some tea sometime? I just can't help to notice your incredible passion for martial arts, and your ambitions after you grasp the skill. It warms me inside, to be in the presence of someone so similar to myself"

You felt a fluttering in your chest. No, this can't be. Your teacher, the one you admire, the one you dreamed of being with, just asked you out to tea.

You smile wide and nod, your cheeks a crimson red. "Of course, Tien. That sounds great."

He smiles. "Well then, I suppose it's a date."