Chapter 6

It's been a couple of weeks since the tour started, and honestly I was having a great time, touring Europe with the boys was exhausting, but it was definitely worth it thanks to all the sights I've seen. Though relationships on tour have simmered down quite a bit, especially rumors about Des and Ashton the team vibe seemed to just keep getting better.

"Great show tonight Haz," I said as I started to pack up my gear after the last show at the O2, I must say three nights in one place was much needed after the country hopping we've been doing.

"Drinks and movies on the 1D bus tonight Jae," he offered as he walked off to get ready to leave.

"You're hanging with the 1D lads tonight?" Des asked as she sat on the stage with Ashton as they munched on some popcorn.

"Yeah, I guess, you wanna come?" I offered.

"Nah, I'll just grab dinner with Ash," she said. "And the rest of the boys."

I knew that was crap, the boys were probably just another diversion for the paps and the fans whilst Des and Ash hang out till the late hours of the night.

"Need help with those?" Calum offered as I seemed to struggle with the five camera cases and four tripods, I nodded in desperation and he grabbed them from me. We stuffed them in the storage under the boys' bus.

"Please come save us from another night of 3rd, 4th, and 5th wheeling," he begged clearly sick of another Des and Ashton night.

"I've learned from experience that Des will make us all feel like extra wheels even if I'm there," I laughed, knowing well enough how Des is around guys she likes. "Hey why don't you and Michael just watch movies on the 1D bus with us?"

"What I don't get an invite?" Luke came up from behind me, the slightest look of disappointment in his eyes.

"I—uh, I thought you'd wanna rest," I said, feeling bullshit seeping through my teeth.

"Yeah, sure—ok," he said clearly seeing through my lie.

I turned back to Calum, who was doing nothing hiding his disappointment in me.

"What?" I asked.

"Why, are you so cold to him, mate?" he asked taking a seat on the asphalt next to me.

"I prefer, defensive," I said taking a seat next to him. "We just don't get on as well as the rest of us do. We clash too much."

"No way, that's crap; you guys just need to get to know each other more."

"I have been trying to get to know him!"

"The last time you guys had a conversation you ended up storming off... again," Calum said.

"He told me to go work for the 1D boys instead! Where does he come off saying things like that?" I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Aw, come on Jae, we know how close you and Harry have been lately, taking pictures together at stops and you spend an awful lot of time with those boys," Calum raised his eyebrows at me.

"Oh... dude, no, Harry is like a brother to me," I defended myself. "Besides, I'm not about to go off and date my employer."

"Technically," Michael came up and took a seat on the other side of me. "Capitol is your employer, not Sysco, therefore Harry is not your employer. Another Luke 'disagreement'?"

I nodded answering his question.

"Come on Jae, invite him tonight, at least get to know him," Calum pleaded, pulling the puppy dog look on his face.