Chapter 8

I got back to the Hemmings' home just as Liz and Andrew seemed to be heading out. They were both dressed fairly nice and each carrying bags.

"Jae! It's great you caught us before we headed out," Liz said as I appeared through the door. "Luke told us you were out surfing with Reed, how were the Aussie waves?"

"Just as good as I remembered," I said.

"Right, well, Andrew and I are going into the city for the next two nights, just for some time to ourselves," She explained as Andrew started to head to the car. "Luke's out with Aleisha at the moment but he should be back in an hour or two, and you two can order a pizza or help yourself to the kitchen. Take care of yourself and Luke while we're gone, alright love?"

"Yeah, I got it thanks," I said. "Have fun!"

I took a long shower and got dressed in a leggings and a loose crewneck. I decided to take advantage of the peace and quiet and have a nice time to myself. I made some chocolate covered strawberries and let the left over chocolate burn on the stove, filling the entire house with the scent of burning chocolate. Then I lit some candles and turned down all the lights and put in United, an old film I used to watch with my brothers.

I was about half way through my movie and strawberries when I heard the front door open and came bounding in was a very seemingly passionate Aleisha and Luke, who came into the living room lips locked and hands all over each other.

"Jae!" Luke said pulling away from Aleisha as soon as he saw me. "I didn't think you were home, the lights were off and-"

"It's fine, I'll take my party of one back to my room," I said, getting up and collecting my strawberries, blowing out the candles and turning the lights back on. "You guys can have the living room, or where ever."

"It's not what it looks like," he said.

"Right, well, it looks like you brought your girlfriend back to your place knowing no one was gonna be home," I said, trying my hardest to get out of there and into my room, but his tall, broad stature was blocking the hallway to the bedrooms.

"No, that's not-well, kind of, she's not my girlfriend," Luke stammered, which only made me laugh in disgust, of course, one night stand was more Luke's style.

"Right, I forgot, you hook up and then share with your friends," I said weaving through him and making my way back to my room. Like on cue, my laptop lit up with a skype call from Des.

"Woah, what's up? You look like you just saw a ghost, or someone had just brought up that time Jagger beat you at football," Des said, implying that I looked both angry and flustered.

"Luke just brought home a girl," I said.

"So?"

"His parent's aren't home, Des," I defended.

"Yeah, well it's kind of hard to get anything done when parents are home," Des said. "What exactly is the problem?"

"The girl isn't even his girlfriend, just a quick shag," I said.

"I still don't see the problem, he's seventeen and a boy?" Des said, still so very confused. "Wait, are you angry that he brought a girl home or jealous that he brought a girl home?"

"Neither! I just don't think it's very justified to bring a girl home for a quick shag," I said, trying to get her to understand.

"Well were they on a date before this?" she asked.

"I don't know? Maybe? Liz said he was out with her, what does that have to do with anything?"

"Well he took her on a date, it doesn't seem like a quick shag to me," Des said. "Are you sure you're not jealous?"