Chapter 7

"You really fucked up bro," Calum yelled over the screaming girls and the 1D set.

"I didn't mean to! She just drives me insane, she's such a fucking smart ass and she can't just do work when she feels like it, I mean come on!" I yelled back.

"She's a fucking smart ass because she doesn't want you walking all over her, she won't put up with your stupid shit man," Michael said to me. "I mean seriously you get mad at her for the stupidest things."

"Whatever man, it's not like she's a walk in the park either," I said, trying to avoid the subject. "I tried to apologize to her and she just blew me off, it takes two to tango."

"That's funny," I heard mum say behind me.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"Nothing, it's just, that's what she said when Des and I asked her to try to get along with you," Mum said.

"Well it's a frequently used phrase so it's not that surprising," I said. "Besides it's true, she didn't even give me a chance to apologize, she just stomped back to the buses with her equipment, I know I over reacted but I tried to apologize."

"Try harder, she's spending the holidays with us," Mum said quickly with a smirk on her face. She's what? Why would she?

"What?" The boys and I echoed, clearly no one knew the surprise.

"That's great! It'll be such a goo-" Calum said excitedly before I shot him a scornful look. "I, mean-uh , this is a surprise. Surprising. Not good or bad in any way."

"She's coming with us back to Oz and that's final, you will be a big boy and suck it up, got it?" she said in that stern mum way. I nodded and thought about the next two weeks coming up, maybe this could be good, maybe we'll be able to get along after this, or we'll end up killing each other. Yup, that's a definite possibility.

I'd forgotten how good it is to run, to completely forget how fast you're moving or to have your legs seem to have a mind of their own, I ran around three miles before coming back to the buses. I got back to the bus and grabbed a drink of water, before rushing back out.

"Hey Jae do you wa-" Des caught me right as I was heading back out. "You went running?"

"Yeah, I did, I gotta go Des, I'm gonna go talk to Luke," I said quickly before making my way to the 5SOS bus.

I started to knock but the door opened before I could. Luke, who at the very least looked shocked to see me outside his door, tight fits, free runs, jumper and all.

"Hey, we need to talk," I blurted out.

"Right, let me grab a jumper?" he agreed as I waited for him outside the bus. I pulled on the sleeves of my jacket and twiddled my thumbs waiting for Luke to come out.

"Okay, what's up?" Luke said as he came out. What's up? Seriously? Did 'trying' to apologize count as apologizing to him?

"This is getting tiring all the arguments over stupid things and we're both miserable," I started.

"Yeah, it is getting pretty tiring," he argeed. "Can we just sta-"

"I'm gonna finish the tour with you guys and then if things are still miserable for the both of us I'm gonna re apply to NYU." I said before he could finish his sentences.

"Oh," he said. "I didn't think our arguments were enough to drive you away."

"No they're not, but you know, NYU was the original plan so, yeah," I said.

"Okay yeah, I get it," he nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry by the way for over reacting yesterday."

"Luke I, uh, I don't know if Liz told you but," I said, not knowing how to tell him that I was intruding on his holiday with his family.