Chapter 9

"Reed!" two girls squealed as they came up and gave him a hug.

"Guys, Reed's here! And he comes bearing gifts!" One said hooking her arm around his as she noticed the booze. The guys were already there all sat on one of the logs that surrounded the bonfire along with Aleisha who was sat between Luke and Michael.

"Sorry, I'm Kat, I didn't catch your name?" she said unhooking her arm from Reed's and helping me carry the rest of the alcohol to everyone.

"I'm Jae, it's nice to meet you," I smiled as I took a seat next to Reed across the bonfire from Ash, Luke and Mikey.

"You're really popular aren't you?" I whispered over to him as he handed me a frankfurt on a skewer to hold over the fire.

"Only because I got the booze," he laughed as we sat there awkwardly while everyone started to dance.

"So do you date a lot when you're on tour?" he asked obviously trying to spark up any sort of conversation while downing down his fourth drink.

"No, not at all actually, it's just too busy," I said as I stared at my drink. We were the only two left at the pit, everyone else was dancing. Calum and Ashton were doing the typical 'too cool to dance' type of dance and Luke and Michael were with dancing with Aleisha. "Hey, do you wanna dance?"

"No, I don't dance," he said finishing his drink.

"Right," I said, still staring at my drink.

"Hey, it's quite loud do you wanna go somewhere and just chill?" he leaned over and said in my ear. I nodded, guessing was better than sitting here and playing with my thumbs. We went back into his car and just sat there for a little while. "I really like hanging out with you Jae. It's been a while since I met a girl just in it for fun."

"Yeah, it's been fun hanging out with you too," I turned catching his eyes.

"Everyone just wants to settle down," he leaned closer to me. "But, not you."

"I guess, but--" I was interrupted as he pressed his lips to mine, his lips moved in a slow movement waiting for my response. I guess I must have responded in a positive way since the kiss turned sloppy and heavy, he moved and had me pressed up the passenger side window, his hands roaming my body.

"Red light," I said pulling away as I felt his fingertips on the bare skin of my stomach.

"Fire trucks don't stop for red lights, Jae," he said pressing his body even harder on to mine.

"You're not a fucking fire truck, Reed," I said pushing him off completely and sitting back up. "You're a drunken idiot."

I got out of the car and made my way a little down the beach until I found a fairly good sized rock to sit on. I figured I'd just wait here until the party ended and catch a ride back with Ashton.

I wasn't sad or disappointed at Reed's behavior, he was drunk, I was more upset at the fact that I hadn't been able to stop him with the first warning. Quite angry with myself actually.

"You shouldn't be too far from everyone, it's not safe," I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

"I can take care of my self."

"I told you so," he said addressing the elephant in the room.

"I didn't say you were wrong," I said not turning around as I heard Luke climb up the rock.

"What did he do? Flirt with another girl?"

"No, he kind of forced himself on me," I said in a blunt voice.