Nine - Revenge

AMON

"If you were to have a stronger alliance with, it could make the army a larger one and the war in Raznar can be ended as soon as possible", Argar said.

"An alliance with him. What kind of alliance are you thinking about?", I asked.

"An arranged marriage?"

"You are suggesting I get married to his granddaughter?"

Argar nodded.

"No. Argar, you know I'm not ready for marriage until it is absolutely necessary."

"Your Majesty, it is-- ", he began.

"No, Argar, when I'm ready I'll consider it."

"Yes, your majesty." He bowed.

"Where's the assassin?", I said trying to divert my attention elsewhere.

"Ameera is attending to her, she was informed that she had to meet you here, she should be here shortly", he paused then continued, " Your Majesty, if you don't mind me asking, what do plan on doing to her, anyway?"

"Honestly, I have no clue, maybe for entertainment."

"I see."

"Please go and tell the servants to prepare hastily for the dinner and nothing should be amiss."

"Yes, your majesty."

"You may leave."

Argar bowed and left the room. I sighed and leaned back into the chair I was on, hoping to the gods this plan worked. Using an assassin to fish out the corrupt officials in my kingdom who are selling out state information to the enemy, King Jaftar, was the last option. She had already done a great job of eliminating the majority of these corrupt officials whether she knew it or not.

With this method, the kingdom of Raznar will be back under the rule of the Yaznak Kingdom, just like my father, late King Teremunm, had planned after King Jaftar forcibly took over Raznar from King Ramal who was a sub-king of Yaznak. It was now my duty to bring Raznar back as Yaznak's sub - kingdom, just like how it was supposed to be. I sighed.

A knock came at the door, interrupting my thoughts.

"Enter", I said curtly, a little annoyed.

The door opened and the assassin stepped into the room. She was dressed in a green-colored dress that made her look......different. She had a frown on her face caused by my presence and my blackmailing her to stay. I had no other options and she was a tough nut to crack.

"You called for me?"

JADE

"You called for me?"

His green gaze roamed me before they came to my face. The side of his mouth quirked up a little then it vanished as soon as it came.

"Yes, I did. What kept you so long?", he said seemingly annoyed

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what you called me here for?"

"I see this afternoon session did nothing to cool your feistiness. Another session is sure to be due."

"You cheated so it didn't count. I won't go down so easily."

"Are you going to argue on that with me?", he said in a dangerous tone.

"No, your majesty. Not now anyway."

He sighed and said,

"Your first assignment as my assassin. That's what we are going to discuss."

"I am not yours."

"Jade now is not the time to argue with me."

"I am not-- wait, you know my name."

"I do. Does that matter?"

"Yes, a lot. What else do you know about me?"

"A lot more than you'd want anyone to know."

I pressed my lips together but I couldn't help but ask,

"What do you know?"

"Be a good little assassin and I'll tell you."

"How can I trust you?"

"Whether you do or not, I don't care, I have the upper hand here. Just think about it."

"I hate you."

"That's perfect. So onto today's course-- ", he said getting up from his seat.

"That is?"

"Stop cutting into what I'm saying."

"That's all?"

"Jade", he gritted out in warning.

"Yeah?"

"Just stop that."

"Nope, I don't think so."

"Upper hand."

"I hate you."

"You've said that before. As I was saying, your assignment."

I didn't say a thing just stared blankly at his face. He smiled at that and continued,

"You are going to be my guest at the dinner I'm organizing and I want you to keep an eye on some people."

"You know I'm an assassin, not a spy, right?"

He sighed.

"Yes, I know that. What I really want you to do is kill them when I have enough proof against them."

"Whoa, hold on. Kill them for what reason?"

"Assassins don't have a reason to kill, they just do it because they are told to, so what exactly has changed?"

"I know but since you forced me to be your servant I began to have reasons for killing. For example; the reason I have not killed you yet is that you are keeping the kids somewhere I don't know. So what's the reason?"

"I don't need to give you a reason."

"Then I won't do it."

Right then, a knock was heard at the door.

"Come in", he said.

Argar entered and said,

"Your Majesty the guests are arriving but Lord Mumm-ra wishes to see you along with his niece."

"Thank you and all please tell him I see him as soon as I'm free."

Argar bowed and left us in the room alone again.

Mumm-ra. The one-man I live to have revenge on. The man who tore me away from my family at a young age in the most brutal way. The man whose death is going to be by my hands.

"Jade? Jade? Jade-- ?"

"So who do you want me to kill?"

He smiled that wicked smile of his.

Revenge is going to taste delicious.

______________________________

I really got nothing to say today. I wasn't even planning to write but I realized I had to finish this book before I go back to school at the beginning of September.

.................

The reason Amon needs her has finally been revealed but why is he not telling anybody what he is planning? Is Jade really going to meet Mumm-ra? And will he know who she really is? Find out in the next chapters(that is if I write)

...............

Have a happy Monday (those on my side of the planet) and don't forget to always smile and be happy even if that's near impossible on a Monday.

~Sayonara~