Epilogue - The King's Assassin

JADE
(6 years later)

"Mama, can I go now?"

"Wait a minute, I'm almost done."

"Mama?"

"Where are Papa and Teremun?"

"I'm sure they out gift-hunting for Grandfather."

"I miss Grandfather. When are we leaving for his birthday ball?"

"When I'm done with your braid and your father and your brother come back."

"Okay, Mama."

"There. Done. You can get up now."

Right then the door opened and Amon entered, carrying a happy child on his shoulder. I stood from the stool and walked over to them. Amon bent his head and kissed me.

"Hey, beautiful", he said smiling at me.

"Mama! Papa!", the children whined.

We chuckled at that. Our little girl, Kamilah Jasmine, who was four, had her eyes shut tight, trying to avoid seeing that scene, and our little boy, Teremun Nazir, who was now six, was on Amon's shoulders, shielding his eyes from our affectionate actions with his hands.

"Very soon, you'll understand what love is", Amon said to the children.

I smiled at him, happily and said,

"We've got to go, Papa may be dying to see his grandchildren just as they are to see him."

He sighed and then put Teremun back on the solid ground. He leaned towards me and whispered in my ear,

"I can't wait to have you to myself alone tonight."

That had my face flaming red. He chuckled at the sight.

"Let's just go", I mumbled.

______________________________________

When we got to the ballroom in Nagnaz, the first person to greet us was Papa. He beamed happily at us. He kissed my cheek, hugged Amon, and then lavished the kids with kisses on their cheeks that had them giggling uncontrollably. It took a while before I had Papa all to myself.

"I missed you, Papa."

"So have I, my little flower."

"And I also miss them."

"Me too but I know they are very happy in the Afterlife and would want us to be happy too", he smiled at me fondly.

"You're right. And I had something to announce to you all."

"What is it?", he asked curiously.

"Patience is a virtue, Papa."

He huffed then laughed.

"Just like your mother."

I smiled.

______________________________________

I guess now is the right time to announce it.

I rose from my seat, clinking the glass in my hand. The hall turned quiet.

"Umm...I have an announcement to make on the behalf of the Yaznak and Nagnaz royal family. The royal family is about to have its newest member, another heir to the throne. I'm pregnant. Again."

Everybody started clapping and congratulating us including Amon, who looked very stunned. He came to me and held my hands.

"I'm going to be a father again?"

I nodded.

"You always make me so happy. I love you."

"I love you more."

He took me into his arms and kissed me as a cheer rose around us. I was so happy. So happy I found Amon. So happy I was contracted to kill him. So happy because I always have been The King's Assassin.

THE END

______________________________________

Finally, I am done. Just one chapter to go before this book is officially ended.

.......

Is this necessary anymore?

.......

Don't forget the questions for the next chapter. Two updates in one day, in some hours. I am so proud of myself right now.

~Sayonara~