Ten - My little flower

JADE

I never actually thought I'd be back in this hall again.

I looked around again. I'd just come to kill then leave but here I am in the same hall again this time I'm here to observe, kill then stay till Amon lets me go.

How did my life change like this?

I blinked, escaping my thoughts. I turned my attention to the richly garbed men with their equally richly dressed wives moving around talking to other guests. I stood at a vantage point in the hall, observing and waiting from Amon. He was sitting on his throne as people came to greet him and have a very very brief conversation with him.

<Earlier in the Central Room>

"There are seven men I suspect and a single woman."

"How will I know who they are?"

"I am going to tell you their names."

"Still, how will I know who they are?"

"Their names are going to be announced as they come in."

"Only them?"

"Everybody."

"I see. Their names?"

"So... Nahim Zara, Mishd Rahr, Zarcka Mohab, Rimar Abdna, Arzar Kirz, Jazal Juzab, Ikram Mbzahab, and Aliya Mustaf - Reha."

"Mustaf - Reha. The name sounds oddly familiar."

"People are considering her as queen - potential. I don't trust her."

"No, not only that, something else."

"Oh, she is the niece of the famous general of one of the sub-kingdoms of Yaznak. Mumm-ra Mustaf - Reha is her uncle."

"That's it."

...................

I watched as she moved around, talking to people, oblivious to my gaze.

Aliya Mustaf - Reha. Related to my greatest enemy, whether she knows it or not.

I moved my gaze to another, Zarcka Mohab, who was in an animated chat with a woman who was probably here alone. I didn't realize that as I was observing the suspects someone approached me.

"What is a beautiful woman like you doing standing here alone?", a voice said.

I turned to meet familiar green eyes but on a different face. My brows furrowed a little before I asked,

"Who are you?"

"Where are my manners? I am Prince Chuma Ramid Ankham II, brother of King Amon Raqar Ankham IV."

"Your highness", I said curtsying.

He nodded and asked,

"What's your name, then?"

"Yanina Janor", I said, making a name from the top of my head.

"Yanina, that's a beautiful name."

"Thank you, your highness."

"Please call me Chuma."

"Yes...... Chuma."

He smiled. He was about to say something again but was interrupted by the announcer.

"The King of Nagnaz, King Nazir Utar Amuoor VI, has arrived."

A familiar man walked in dressed in rich clothes. He looked almost the same as before except the stripes of gray in his once raven black hair and the solemn aura clouded around him, projecting loss. The said man looked around and spotted Amon on his throne. His lips quirked up a tiny fraction and walked to Amon, who was up when he realized who was approaching him. Tears formed at the corner of my eyes but I fought them, forcing them not to flow.

"Yanina, is something wrong?", Chuma asked worriedly.

"Please excuse me. I'm sorry."

I can't keep it in anymore.

I walked away from him and the dinner. I walked in the hallways then entered a round room and shut the door as memories replayed in front of me.

<Flashback begins>

"Papa! Papa! Papa!", I yelled.

"Hush, my little flower, I'm here."

"I don't wanna go!", I cried.

"Don't worry, Mama and Isis Jasmine will be there with you," he said stroking my hair lightly.

"But I still don't wanna go! I wanna stay with you!", I said with tears streaming down my face.

"Don't worry, my little flower, I'll come and see as often as possible."

"But I wanna stay with you", I sobbed.

"Come here, Iris."

I walked into his open arms and cried on his shoulder until I felt better. Crying so much has exhausted me, my eyes began drooping as I yawned. I heard something before I fell asleep and I remembered it till today.

"I will always be with you, my little flower."

<Flashback ends>
______________________________

I made up most of the names in the book and it was really fun doing it especially when you have no idea how to pronounce the names you wrote. Marcelina1022 helped me with the pronunciation of the names even though we were laughing half of the time.

I miss my friends but I certainly don't miss school.

..........

Jade has seen her father after thirteen years and of course, she can't control her emotions. Will she see Mumm-ra soon and what will be his reaction? Will he even remember her?

..........

It turns out Jade's mother's name, which I made up, has a meaning.

Kamilah: Perfect

This chapter is short but I don't understand why.

~Sayonara~