Twenty Two - Dear Uncle

JADE

It was after three more rounds of lovemaking that we finally decided to talk, which I was hesitant to do but I realized it was better to get it over with. Funny enough, no one came to call him for anything and that was amazing.

"So...how come you didn't tell me you were a virgin?", he started.

"Wasn't important and also it's not like I go round saying, 'Hey, look at me, I'm a virgin.'"

"This isn't a joke."

"I know it's not but you don't have to be surprised and suddenly alert about that kind of thing. Next time I promise to tell you about every single thing that I think is not important."

"Like how you turned out to be a princess?"

"Yeah, something like that. Not important."

"It's important to me. So tell me."

"It's a long story."

"Then make it short."

"Okay then. King Nazir is my father."

"Longer than that."

"King Nazir is my father and I'm a princess."

"Longer than that. This is serious."

"King Nazir is my father, I'm a princess.....andIalmostgotkilledbyyourgeneral."

"What?"

I sighed, "It's a long, very long story."

"I have all the time."

I sighed again.

"Well....."

______________________________________

"And now Papa and I are planning revenge against him."

"How come you never told me this?"

"I'm not particularly fond of recalling that part of my life."

"I understand but what I don't get is...how does marrying my help in the plan?"

"Don't get annoyed or anything but I did this so I could get close to Mumm-ra and have power over him."

"So in a way, I was used?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry. I'm bothered. I'm just surprised and a little angry at myself for not seeing that was how Mumm-ra was. Someone I thought I knew so well was capable of doing that."

"He's a true wolf in sheep's clothing."

"Yeah... Anyways, I think it's time we did something else, like taking a bath."

"Talking about time. What time is it?"

"Probably six or seven in the morning."

"Oh my Ra, in the morning? How long have we been at this?"

"You don't want to know."

"Yeah, I think so too."

______________________________________

All the soldiers in the camp bowed as we passed through, walking to the main tent. It was Commander Raman who met us there, alone.

"Where is Mumm-ra?"

"He'll be here shortly, your majesty."

Amon nodded and took my hand and walked to the map table with me. Commander Raman came to stand beside us, looking at me skeptically.