Twelve - Aliya and Mumm-ra

JADE

I woke up with a start but calmed down afterward. I ran my hands over my face and sighed. I looked around me.

Where am I? This place looks so familiar like I have been here before.

When I looked around the second time, that's when I realized where I was.

In the King's room. In the King's bed.

Right then the door opened and Amon came in. He saw me and said,

"You're awake."

At that moment I wanted to give him a cheeky response but I refrained from it.

"Do you feel better? Dizzy? Nauseous?"

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure?"

He looked at me for a while then said,

"Hmm, I see. Ameera will come and attend to you here since you can't move out of the room now."

"Why not?"

"I wouldn't want you collapsing on the way to your room then dying, that would ruin my plan. Also, I have guests over."

"It's not like I brought myself here."

He sighed and shook his head.

"I need you to be there with me. You are going to watch them closely."

"Who are they this time?"

"Aliya and Mumm-ra."

My heart stopped for a moment when I heard their names. Then all of a sudden it started beating so fast and hard. I felt like it wanted to burst right out of my chest.

"Jade, are you alright?", Amon asked worriedly, coming closer.

I rose my head to stop him and he did.

" I'm fine, don't worry", I said, shaking my head.

"Are you sure? You are looking a little pale."

"I'm perfectly fine, don't worry."

He sighed and nodded.

"I'll be in the study, come there when you are ready."

"Yes, your majesty."

He paused then rose a brow at me, clearly surprised when I addressed him by his title so formally for the first time he made me work for him. I just shrugged.

"Well, I've got to address you formally around others, don't I? I've got to start practicing."

He shook his head, smiling.

"You surprise me every day."

"I aim to please, your majesty."

"I prefer to call me Amon indoors."

"Sure", I said, smiling.

He shook his head as he left, still smiling.

When I heard the door close, I fisted my hands in the sheets, trying to control the anger like I did when Amon was here but wasn't able to. All this anger and pain was directed to only one person.

I'll destroy Mumm-ra in any possible way. I will avenge Mama and Isis Jasmine. Whatever it takes.

_________________________

I knocked on the door and waited till I heard,

"Come in."

Opening the door and entering I saw Amon at his big oakwood, that seemed to suit the man sitting before it. He rose from his set and stood in front of me.