Episode 54- First Day.

-------------------------------------------------------

Joe and Demi managed to get a couple of hours of sleep in before Kai woke them up crying. Demi sits up in her bed leaning over into the basinet pulling Kai up in her arms. Joe turns on his other side so he could watch and gain some tips. Demi lays him at the end of the bed kneeling up beginning to remove Kai's baby grow.

"Won't he need feeding? We only changed his diaper just before we left from the hospital." Joe states Demi thinking about it turning to her boyfriend smiling.

"Your right." Demi states Joe matching her smile.

"I'd check anyway though." Joe says Demi following his instruction on taking off Kai's diaper which was clean. Demi can't help but smile wider doing the diaper back up on her crying son. The sound which is heartbreaking to hear to both his parents. It means that they are providing for him like they should but that will soon change. Demi takes him back up in her arms leaning against the headboard pulling up her shirt allowing her son to latch onto her breast.

"Look at him go!" Joe exclaims making Demi giggle. She had breast fed him before when he was less than an hour old but she still hasn't gotten used to the weird feeling she experiences, she strokes the young boy's cheek as he feeds off her breast, the best formula she can give him . Kai pulls away when he's full making baby noises as if he wa telling his parents that he was done and thank you for the meal. Demi adjusts him in her arms looking down at her boyfriend who looks at her.

"You want to burp him?" Demi questions.

"Really? I wanted to breast feed him," Joe jokes making Demi burst out laughing. "Pass him here." Joe says taking Kai from Demi. He gains enough courage to lay the little boy slightly over his shoulder after Demi laid a small blanket over in case he were to spill up some milk. Joe begins patting his back rubbing it gently at the same time picking up some tips from seeing Demi do the same. Soon enough the newborn lets out a little burp making his parents smile. Joe adjusts him in his arms laying back down on the bed laying Kai on his chest. Demi can't help grin laying her head on his shoulder admiring her son.

"He looks so much like you." Demi acknowledges.

"He has your eyes though," Joe states Demi smiling slightly as she can no longer see Kai's eyes, they drooped closed hopefully for a couple of hours before he will need changing or feeding again. "I feel you son." Joe states letting out a yawn, Demi giggles before both Joe and Demi fall asleep again knowing the night ahead of them could be a tough one.

Joe and Demi wonder downstairs hand in hand the baby monitor securely in Demi's hands in case Kai need them. They could smell dinner knowing they had only just had it or it's nearly ready for them to eat as a family. They make their way into the kitchen seeing Demi's mom plating up some lasagne for the family.

"Just in time guys, how's Kai?" Dianna questions handing them both a plate.

"He's fine, he was fed and changed just before we came down so he's probably asleep again." Demi explains sitting up on the counter as Joe does too.

"He's a Jonas then?" Eddie questions making Joe chuckle.

"Of course he is, loves his sleep and food." Joe states shuffling in a forkful of Dianna's family recipe of Lasagne. Demi can't help but laugh at Joe's comment. They all sit there together sharing a meal as they talk. Even Demi admits to herself that she hadn't been this happy in a long while, she has her family as well as her boyfriend's family behind her ready to raise the latest member of the family. She's just looking forward to the future with Kai, seeing him grow up into a independent young  man but before that seeing him walk for the first time and hearing him talk for the first time. She looks forward to the day when she hands him over to a teacher so he or she can educate him. Overall she's just looking forward to seeing her son happy with his life.

------------------------------------------------------

2 or 3 comments for next one.