Hi

"You are grounded!" Mom shouts. "Fine whatever!" I shout back running to my room.

"She always does that!" I say throwing my mobile on bed. "First she asks me to do household chores without giving the complete instructions and when I do something wrong, suddenly it becomes all my mistake and all my fault, what about her not giving complete instructions?!" I tell Kage.
"Yeah but what about you doing the wrong thing despite telling you countless times, Tori? Who's that to blame for?" He replies, casually stitching another cut on his face.

He always does that! Kage is supposed to be my friend! Why does he always takes mom's side? Although most of the time he is right. But I'm not agreeing that to his face.

"Whatever.
Another cut? Why can't you just lay low and stop helping me by doing this side of the world's stuff?" I scold him examining his cut. This time he has it on his left cheek. He never bleeds, only his skin of that area becomes dark black and if not stitched in time, that blackness can spread all over his body, consuming him and making him invisible for me.

"I'll stop moving things around at this side once you stop shaking things. You do know how hard it is for me to stay when you mess things around" Kage says being annoyed by my immature behavior.

I know he is - oh wait, I totally forgot to introduce myself to you guys.

Hi, I'm Tori Akashi, Japanese for Bird, such a cliché I know. I'm in highschool, senior year aka the time when you want to die but either don't have the courage to or still have the hope for things to get better. In my case it's none of those two things. I can't die because I don't have the resources to. Sounds funny I know. But my parents keep all the dangerous stuff away tucked safely in a room.

And this guy stitching his face while sitting on my dresser is Kage, Japanese for shadow. Kage is my bestie, or at least that's how I define our relation. Kage is not a human and yes I named him that. And before you think I'm a psychopath, let me clear, he's a ghost not an imaginary friend or any shit like that. No one can see Kage except for me. I met him 5 years ago when we moved to Mizu.
Mizu is in the middle of nowhere, like literally. It is not a huge, but an average sized city with average count of people living in it. We Mizukians maybe out of the world, but internet keeps us connected to the world outside of Mizu.
Why can I only see Kage? That's the answer we both are still searching for.

Music box.

"Can you please pickup that shitty phone of yours? I'm getting distracted and that ringtone pinches in my ears like thorns." Kage says finishing up his stitches.

Liar, he loves that music box ringtone.

"I won't be able to come today sorry, Anna." I speak into the phone throwing myslef on the couch which is apparently too small for my legs to fit, so I just hang my head off its hand rest and stare the ceiling.

"Tell me something new. We knew you won't be able to make it so we are coming over. Tell Mrs. Akashi to reheat that pasta which she gave you for lunch." She says from the other side of line where metal clicking sounds can be heard in background, probably Anna grabbing her car keys.

"Why don't you just say that project is just an excuse to come over and eat mom's pasta?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Haha! You caught me. We're Coming over, now. Adios"

"Bye - " Beep. And line drops before I could - did she say 'we'?

To be continued...