Voices

Caleb explains us his situation as Anna and I sit across him on the couch.

"I can hear voices when ever I'm around you. Like someone is talking. The other day when I handed you peanut butter cookies I could hear someone saying that you don't like peanut butter and don't make yourself too comfortable 'brainless idiot'!" He says that with air quotes and goes on saying, "That's why I asked you. And then at school, when I tried sitting beside you, someone said that they're already sitting and 'respect dude' was very clear in that sound."

I look at Kage who is lost in Caleb as if Kage has found his soulmate. When Kage notices me watching him, he sits up straight, clears his throat and say, "This is a bit scary", To which Caleb responds, "Yeah for me too, man. I can't sleep at nights thinking that I'm going crazy. Now can someone explain what's going on?"

"I should leave as I don't have any supernatural powers like hearing or seeing people, so......" Anna says grabing her phone and preparing to run a marathon.

"Wait, you knew about this, Anna?" Caleb says grabbing her arm and demanding her attention.

"No..." Anna says confusingly, "Technically...."

Anna and her twisted truths.

"Anna please sit down. Let's start with introductions." I command Anna and she goes back to sitting beside Caleb.

"Caleb the voices which you can hear is of Kage - " Caleb cuts me mid sentence, "Kage aka shadow?" I look at Anna and roll my eyes. "Yes Kage is Japanese for shadow. I named him that. Kage and I know each other since last 5 years when I moved to Mizu. Kage is sort of a ghost who bleeds black darkness when ever he touches this side of world's stuff. His darkness needs to be stitched in time or else he can become invisible for me." I continue, "until he met you. The other day when you cut yourself, Kage bleeded blood from the exact spot where you were bleeding from. We tried stitching his hand but it didn't work."

"So that's what happened behind the bleachers that day? He smashed the juice bottle in anger..." Caleb says now understanding the situation.

"Yes.... We have no idea why only I can see him, or why he bleeds darkness, or why he bled blood that day." I say looking at Kage sadly.

Caleb stands up -

Did I mention he is still grabbing Anna's hand?

He stands up, leaves Anna's hand, picks up a knife from the kitchen counter and before we could object, he slashes his palm making a deep cut, resulting Kage to bleed with him.

"Did that hurt?" He asks Kage looking at me for the answer.
"What the hell man! I'm bleeding like a human." Kage says through his hurting face.
"Ok. So now we know that Kage bleeds when I bleed. But why can't we see him? And why can only I hear him?" Caleb asks what we all are asking ourselves.
"We came here to know these answers. Maybe you both have a connection. Maybe Kage bleeding means that he's coming to life. So, if you can dig some family history because Kage doesn't have one, maybe we'll find some answers..." I say with a hopeful voice.

"But before that, we need to stitch that cut." Anna says getting up and inspecting Caleb's hand making such faces as if it's her who has the cut.
"What were you even thinking" she scolds him.
"It's fine, Ann. It's just a cut" Caleb responds to calm Anna.

Ann... Hmm.... I need to figure out what's going around...

What is going on between Anna and Caleb? Will Tori be able to handle this all?

To be continued.....