Ch. 17 A Little Better?

Dantes pov

I saw her running. I knew what she was going through and it hurt me to see her so vulnerable. I knew she was hearing things inside her mind. Voices telling her what to do. I found out a couple nights ago...

~flashback~

I was asleep in bed with y/n. She was leaning against me as I held her close to my body. I felt her start to shake and barely open my eyes. I felt her shift in the bed and I felt her weight disappear. I opened my eyes completely and let them adjust to the dark. I saw the bathroom light turn on and I slowly sat up. I heard whispers and muttering coming from y/n. Her voice was quiet.
"P-please stop..." she whispers.
I slowly and quietly got off the bed.
She was silent for a moment until her voice got louder.
"Just stop," she said.
I slowly walked towards the bathroom, not making a sound.
"SHUT UP!" she yelled.
I heard her burst into sobs and my eyes widen as I ran into the bathroom. I pulled her towards me and held her close.
"Hey y/n what's wrong sweetie," I said calmly, trying to calm her down.
"T-they won't leave me a-alone..." she whispered, trying to control her breathing.
"Who won't leave you alone," I asked calmly as I rub her back.
"T-the voices..." she said quietly as she cried into my chest.
I tensed up when she said that and I held her closer to me. She gripped my shirt as her breathing slowed down, going back to a normal pace.
"I'll protect you, I promise," I told her as I held her.
She didn't respond and I heard small snores coming from her. I smiled as I stroked her hair. She cried herself to sleep. I gently picked her up and I turned off the bathroom light and shut the door and walked towards our bed and I laid her down. She curled up into the blankets and I smiled as I laid next to her.

~end of flashback~

She ran past me and I ran after her.
"Y/n what's wrong!" I yelled, trying to catch up to her.
"Nothing! Just leave me alone!" She yelled back.
I grabbed her and wrapped my arms around her as she cried into my chest. She started squirming but I held her tightly. I knew what was happening. She was hearing them. They were telling her what to do.
"Don't listen to them y/n. I know it's hard but concentrate on my voice like we did before," I whispered into her ear sweetly.
She continued to cry and i whispered sweet things in her ear trying to calm her down. She soon calmed down and stayed in my arms. I smile and hold her close to me. She started to shake and she gripped my shirt tightly. I pulled her as close as possible and start to whisper sweet things in her ear again. I didn't know what was going on in her head but I tried to distract her as much as I could. She slowly calmed down again and I gently picked her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I held her as I walked to our house. I walked in and sat her down on the couch. I looked her over and noticed how horrible she looked. I picked her up again and walked up to our bathroom. I sat her on the counter. I turned her around and I took her messy bun down. I grabbed her hairbrush and gently ran it through her hair to get all the knots out. Once I was done I turned on the shower and started to undress her old and worn out clothes. I through them to the side and I set her in the shower. I grabbed her shampoo and started to rub the shampoo through her hair. Once I was done I rinsed the shampoo out. I then ran conditioner through her hair before rinsing that out as well. I cleaned her body and helped her rinse herself off. I turned the shower off and I grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her and picked her up. I walked to our room and sat her down on her bed. I pulled out a bra and underwear for her and handed them to her. She put them on and I dug through her drawers trying to find some sweatpants for her since she was cold. Since I didn't find any I figured they must be in the wash and walked to my dresser. I saw her shiver and I opened one of my drawers and pulled out my black sweatpants and handed them to her. She slid them on and tied them so they wouldn't fall. I smiled and I grabbed one of her f/c tank tops and handed it to her. She pulled it on and I smiled. She smiled back and I crawled behind her on the bed and started braiding her hair. She giggled which made me smile more. I missed her being like this. Ever since the baby died she hasn't been herself. I was a miracle if you could even get her to smile anymore. I tied the braid and smiled. She turned around and hugged me. I smiled and hugged her back. I pulled away a little and gently kissed her. She slowly kissed me back before pulling away. She yawned. I chuckled and laid her down, pulling the covers over her. She cuddled into the blankets as I laid down next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her. I soon heard her snoring and smiled as my eyes shut and I fell into my slumber.