Three

Authors Note
Sorry that this is so short, the next chapter will be much longer.

-----------------------------------------

*Peters's POV*
Shit shit shit, Dad had heard him talking to Ned. All of the worst case scenarios ran through my head: Was he going to kick me out? Was he going to force me to stay a girl? Was he going to tell me off? Did he hate me? All of my racing thoughts were cut short by Dad saying that he loved and accepted me. Thank the Lord. He loved me. That was all I wanted at this moment in time, obviously I would want more serious action in the future. But this was now, and this was an amazing starting ground for my future. I was clearly feeling confident today as I agreed to come out to Pops. I was more scared about telling Pops than I was about telling Dad, I'm not sure why though- maybe because Pops grew up in a different century when people like me were forced to go to therapy to 'cure' them. Or the fact that trans people were outcasts of society. I couldn't let my thoughts run away with me at this point, so I excused myself and made my way to my room.

As I walked to my room trying to pen together my speech to Pops I thought about all of the possible ways that Pops could take the news there was obviously acceptance, but there was also the immediate disapproval and then kicking out. There was obviously a middle ground which was sort of painful sort of not. But I didn't want to torture myself anymore- I just wanted to get it over with. So after attempting to piece together a coming out speech to Pops and failing, I just gave up and was just going to say what I thought at the time. In the mean time, I was just processing what Dad had said. I can't believe that he had took it as well as he did! It was an absolute blessing, and I could never ask for a better Dad. He still loved me, and he even approved of my new name which was always amazing. I just wished he would have found out in a better way- e.g. me telling him when I was ready and not him overhearing me telling Ned. I'm just glad that Dad didn't get offended that I didn't tell him first as that could have caused an argument which I really didn't want at this point in time.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Peggy? Can I come in?" Pops asked.

This was it. Now was the time when I would tell my Pops, the moment that I had been mentally preparing myself for. Breathe Peter- Breathe you can do this, I reminded myself.

"Come in Pops!" I shouted back.

The door creaked open.