Seventeen

*No POV*

"It's going to be okay маленький брат."

"I can't face him."

Peters brown bambi eyes filled with tears. Wanda pulled the boy into a tight hug. Carding her hands through Peters soft chestnut curls. He had been doing so much better recently, he was beginning to stop blaming himself for Steve being a dick and his confidence was slowly growing. But Wanda knew one thing for sure- Steve fucked Peter up. Peter thought he was broken because he was trans, but that's not what broke him- the rejection broke him.

"I know маленький брат, I know."

"I'll get the brush and the hair ties."

The two had a little tradition that they had been doing ever since Peter had met Wanda after the Ultron incident. Whenever he was upset he would braid Wanda's hair into whatever braid he wanted. So he began two Dutch braids in her hair.

"All finished." Peter said after a while, all attempts to calm himself so far had failed. Steve was here, he saw Peter. What was Steve wanting? What was he going to do.

Wanda saw the tears slipping down the young boys face and his red rimmed eyes. And she could sense the distress from the boy

"Listen маленький брат; if Steve is here to hurt you more, I will not hesitate at all to kick his ass from here to next month. I will not leave you alone with him if you don't want me to, but that's up to you. I love you more than anything and I'm sorry I let it get this far."

When Wanda became protective her Sokovian accent became thicker and more prominent. Wanda loved her little brother- Peter filled part of the gap that Pietro left. The two were incredibly close and whenever the boy was asked about siblings- he always told everyone about his 19 year old sister called Wanda Maximoff. Whenever Wanda was asked the same question she told everyone very proudly about her younger brother.

"What do I do if I can't go home Wanda?"

"You stay here, with those who love and accept you."

"Do you think I will ever go home?"

"I hope so."

Wanda looked at the distressed boy next to her and wondered how someone could ever do this to a person, let alone their son. How could a father hurt their son to the extent that when Peter had seen Steve that his first instinct was to leave because of what had gone down between the two.

"I love you сестренка you are the best."

"Do you want to go and bake? We have guests later."

"Sure, who's coming?"

"Tony, Maria, Nat and Steve are all coming over for the debriefing."

Peter perked up at the mention of seeing his Dad and Aunts again which made Wanda smile. He was always 10 times more on edge whenever the Avengers went on missions, this one being no exception.

"Can we go and make some cookies for them?"

"Course we can маленький брат."

The pair headed towards the kitchen to begin baking for the family. Peter was desperately praying that he would not under any circumstances bump into Steve Rogers. He wanted nothing more than to go home but God how he couldn't face the man.

Wanda and Peter reached the kitchen and began to make some triple chocolate cookies with smarties. They had almost finished not before a voice came from the sofa scaring the two baking.

"Pete? Can I speak to you out here please?"

Peter looked back at Wanda and took a deep breath in- he knew what this was about, he knew why Bucky wanted him. "Only if Wanda can come."

"Of course she can."

With that Peter and Wanda left the kitchen for the dining area and sat down opposite Bucky. Peter took Wandas hand in his. He was extremely nervous.

"Son."