Four

*Steve's POV*
As I walked up to Peggys room, I was wondering what she had to tell me that was so important that she had to tell me privately. I gathered Tony already knew but he wasn't telling me what I was wanted for. I hoped that it was nothing serious, it's either that or Peg and Tony have done something majorly wrong. I guess I'll find out what's going on. I knocked on the door.

"Peggy? Can I come in?"

"Come in Pops."

I opened the door and braced myself for pretty much anything.

"Hey P, your Dad said that you wanted to speak to me?" I asked. There was a look of worry on her face. "Oh P, what have you done?" I added, in an attempt to lighten the mood. I sat down next to her and held her hand as she took a deep breath in.

"Pops," she started looking me straight in the eye. "I'm transgender, I feel like a boy."

"Sweetie, are you being serious?" I asked, attempting to hide my anger. I pulled my hand away from her grasp- she looked at me in shock.

"Yeah, I am. I want to change my name to Peter."

"This isn't natural, you are my daughter and not my son- I never had a son and never will. Your name is Peggy Maria Stark- Rogers not Peter." I said firmly. I couldn't believe what was happening.

"No Pops please!"

"We can get you help, this phase can be cured!" 

"I don't need help, and this is not a phase that can be cured Pops! The one thing I need is your acceptance of me Peter- your son!"

"Dont speak to me like that Peggy, I'm your father therefore you listen to what I say, now enough of this nonsense please- I've had a long day."

"What if your parents had reacted like this when you told them that you liked men!"

"What my parents said to me was none of your business, so please. Let's just drop this subject and carry on like this little incident never happened shall we?"

"Well this has happened and I for one am not going to ignore it until it slowly kills me because of how much hatred I have for my body- you have no idea what its like to want to rip off your skin just because I was born something I'm not, I can't pretend to you for much longer Pops- so I'm laying it all out for you here. Just please, accept me as your son!"

"I think you should leave for a while Peggy, to clear your head."

"I see how it is, and very well then- see you Pops." Peggy said as she shut me out of her room.

Peggy was never going to trust me again after this- it was obvious that we have different opinions on her 'issue' but I stand firmly by my words- every single one of them that I had told her. I cant believe she had disrespected me like she had though- I am her father and she should respect me. I even offered to forget this ever happened and move on- but she didn't want to do that. I sighed.

I walked into the kitchen to see a horrified Tony "Why on Earth did you behave like a dickhead towards our son?"

"We don't have a son."