Chapter Four

Had To Start Somewhere .2

A very small Yuki sat in a toddlers chair at the kitchen table, her feet dangling in the air as her mother prepared dinner. Her older brother, Kaname, came in and took a carrot off the counter. "Kaname! Wait for dinner!" His mother, Juri, slapped the carrot out his hand. He sighed and sat next to Yuki.

"Kaname-onisama! Did you see anything peety today?" Yuki asked as Kaname took his seat next to her. Yuki had always been fascinated by the outdoors, due to her weak state, her mother and father kept her inside. They heard the front door open and the wind billowing from the out doors. The door closed and Haruka, their father, came into view with a sword on his back.

He walked past Yuki and Kaname, giving Yuki a kiss on the head and ruffling Kanames hair. He then proceeded to Juri and hugged her from behind. "How was work?" Juri asked as Haruka let go and she turned to set a plate of plain noodles on Yukis small table attached to her chair. And set noodles with a pale sauce in front of Kaname.

"The same as usual."

"Did you get any cool vampires today?" Kaname asked with excitement tinged in his voice.

Haruka set his sword on the table as he sat down. He looked over at Juri who looked back at him with 'I dare you' eyes. He took it off and cleared his throat. "I actually did. An aristocrat gone rouge. I'll teach you about them when you're older." Haruka gave Kaname a faint smile then proceeded to eat. Juri sat down and started to feed Yuki.

There was a sudden ring at the door. Harukas fork clattered to his plate as he stood to check it. He opened the door with to see a dark haired man hunched over. The man looked up at Haruka, revealing his one crimson eye and one blue eye. "Help me, brother."

It became obvious to Haruka that his brother was covered in blood. "Rido?!"

"We have no time Haru- " Rido seathed in pain and flopped inside.

"Juri!" Haruka yelled as he lifted his brother under his arms.

Juri got up from her seat. "Stay here." She ordered Kaname and Yuki. She raced to her husbands side and helped Haruka bring Rido to the couch. Juri stood while Haruka knelt down next to his brother.

"Rido, what happened?"

"I was- " Rido swallowed in the air. "-attacked... By a pureblood."

Juri covered her mouth in shock. Haruka started to frantically look for bite marks. "Did you- "

"I'm not sure." Rido held his side as he looked at his brother.

"What do you mean you're not sure?! You don't come in my home wounded, after not talking to me for years and then tell me you're not sure if you- " Haruka caught his breath as Juri put her hand on his shoulder.

"Why don't we let Rido wash up and rest for now dear. We can sort out everything in the morning." Juri smiled.

"But what if- " Haruka looked over at his wife.

"We can sort out everything tomorrow." Juri said in a stern tone.

Haruka stood with a sigh. "You're right. Rido, would you like dinner?" Haruka looked at his brother.

"Actually... " Rido sat up with a grunt. "...I think washing up sounds much better."

___X___

Once Rido had come out of the bathroom with his pants and nothing else on, he looked around, water still dripping from his hair. He looked down to see a small little girl, stuffed bunny in hand, staring up at him with curiosity. He slowly knelt down to the little brunette girl and left his arms on his knees. "Hello there." He said.