Chapter Thirty-Seven

Damnation

     Yuki gasped awake and lunged straight up. She noticed the light pink walls and the young girly decor. It was her room, but when she was younger. She stepped off her bed and looked down at her feet. They were small, she wiggled her even smaller toes. Yuki approached the slim standing mirror and stared at her small form. She was maybe 11? 12? She gasped and looked over at her door. "Zero..." she mumbled.

She cracked open her door and looked down at the bedroom that Zero and Ichiru shared. Yuki walked toward their room when she saw a dark figure speed from her the side of her eye. She looked over and saw a small Ichiru staring at her. "What do you want?" He said, cold and distant.
    "I- " She looked over at the door. It seemed almost larger to her. "...I dont- "
    "Are you always so useless?" Ichiru pushed passed her and opened the door.
    "He needs me." Yuki said to herself.
    "He doesnt need a human like you." He said without looking back. "He needs family, and you're not my family." The door slammed. Yuki blinked at the wind that rushed in her face. The front door opened and also slammed. She looked over at it and walked into the livingroom.

"Hello?" She spoke out to an empty room. She looked over at the door and grabbed its handle. Once stepped through it, she noticed an immediate change. First, her hair was shorter and she was taller. She was in the last year of her middle school career.
   "Yuki!" Sayori jumped onto her from behind. "How was your Christmas?! I missed you!" Yuki laughed as Sayori got off of her.
   "It was good!" Yuki was lying, she didnt know if it was good or bad, she couldnt remember. "The Headmaster went out and got Zero and Ichiru presents too!" What was she saying? She didnt remember that.
    "That's nice of him!" 
    "Yeah..." Yuki looked down. "...I forgot my lunch. Meet me back in the classroom!" Yuki ran over to the Headmasters dorm, she tripped on a rock and scraped her knee across the pavement. She breathed in through her teeth and turned over. "Ah!" She looked over at it, bits a dirt were stuck to her skin and a small cut on the top started to bleed. "Oh no..." she said. She wobbled up to her feet and looked over at the house. A dark figure sped in the house across the window. She gasped and ran over to the house. "Are you guys al- !" She looked over at Zero who was being pulled back by Ichiru. Both their eyes were burning red.
    "Zero! Calm down!" Ichiru wrapped both of his arms under Zeros. Gripping him by the shoulders. They stood by the couch and Zero kicked the coffee table, flipping it. Yuki held up both arm arms. The coffee table slammed onto Yuki, knocking her to the floor. "Are you okay?! Human?!"

Yuki pushed the coffee table off her. "Ow..." a small streak of blood dripped off her head. Zero raged and yelled out. "Whats...  happening to him?!" Yuki asked.
    "Hes been skipping out on blood tablets! The scent of your blood drove him mad! Hes been starving for months now!" Ichiru lost his grip and Zero sped over to Yuki. He got ontop of her and his breath was ragged. "Zero no!" Ichiru yelled. He bent down and licked the blood off her forehead. She flinched. He looked up to the ceiling and breathed in as he gulped. He looked down at the terrified Yuki and his eyes widened, they faded back to their normal Lilac. He stumbled off of her and fell to the floor. He put his hand to his mouth. Ichiru grabbed him and hugged him. "Are you alright?" Ichiru asked Yuki. He looked over at her and she breathed heavily. She stared at Zero who was even more terrified than she was. She scrambled to her feet and ran out of the door.

She stepped back and looked around. It was an empty ball room. Yuki looked down and saw she was wearing a strapless lavender gown, her hair was up in a braided bun with strands of hair whisping on the sides. "Yuki." She turned around and stared at the figure in the dark corner of the room. It stepped out, revealing her mother. "How you've grown." She held out her arms and smiled. She wore a light pink dress, the one Yuki had worn to the dance at Cross Academy. Yuki ran over to Juri and hugged her.
    "Mother!" She gasped out. "Mother I dont understand what's going on!"
    "You were such a beautiful baby... I had so much hope for you." Juris hold tightened. "Now look at you. Disgusting, just like him." Yuki pushed her off and she stared back at a mirror.

"You let yourself fall in love with someone like him. A pureblood." Kaname appeared behind her in the mirror. She stared into his reflection.  "You abandoned me."

"No! No that's not true!" She yelled.

"Now look at you. You cant even defend yourself against a Level D. And you want to become a hunter. What a joke."

"Shut up!" Yuki punched the mirror, cracking it. She looked once again, and Zero appeared behind her. She turned around and he smiled down at her. "Zero...?" He wore a black suit with a tie that matched her dress.
    "Will you have this dance with me?" Zero extended his hand. She looked back at the mirror, it was gone.
     "But..." she turned back. "Theres no music?"
Zero raised his arm and snapped his fingers. It echoed through the dance hall, music began to play. It was a soft piano melody. He smiled and took her hand. They began to waltz.
     "How am I so lucky to have a girl like you?" Zero said as he sighed. He spun her around and picked her up by the waist. He set her back down. "Sorry about the mess."
     "The... mess?" Yuki backed away, still in his hold. His mouth was suddenly covered in blood, down to his neck and spreading across his dress shirt, splattered across the lavender tie. Yuki stepped out of his hold and looked at him in shock. "Zero... what..."
      "You're just so delicious, I couldnt stop myself." He wiped at his mouth with the back of his hand. Zeros red eyes burned into hers. She gasped and felt the side of her neck, she pulled back her palm, it was covered in blood.
      "W- what did you do?!" She stumbled back. "You wouldnt..."
      "But I did..." He walked toward her. She stepped back. Again, the shadow appeared in her sight and sped behind her. She turned on her heel and came face to face with herself. Except it wasnt her, it was the vampire her.
      "H-how?"
      "I think that's pretty obvious." The vampire her smiled and titled her head. "Zero turned us." She was in a night class uniform and spun around. She bent backward and stared at Yuki. "Dont we look wonderful."
      "Yes... you look beautiful." Zero passed Yuki and grabbed the hand of the vampire Yuki, he spun her around. "Try not to look so glum... it isnt that bad..." He held the vampire Yuki from behind. And bit into her neck.
      "We wont have to worry any more. And..." Vampire Yuki sped around and ended up on the other side of the ball room. "We have speed!" She yelled. She sped over to Yukis face. "We have strength." She sped over to the wall and ripped a hole in it. "And best of all..." she walked over to Yuki and pulled her hair. "...we can finally taste blood." The vampire Yuki aimed her mouth for Yukis neck.

Yukis eyes flung open