Epilogue: Monday

Monday, March 26, 1984

Cassidy's P.O.V:
It's a normal Monday morning for me. I get up late as per usual, feeling as tired and groggy as ever. But strangely enough, I'm actually excited for school. I suppose it's a mixture of feelings, actually. Part of me is excited for the possibility of the Breakfast Club staying together, but the other part of me is worried to death that we'll go back to the way we were before Saturday, and never speak again.

But, I did my best to clear the negative thoughts from my head and try to think positively. Maybe things will work out. Hopefully.

I decide to distance myself from all of the makeup shit. I keep it natural, and wear a simple outfit:

I decide to put my hair up the way it was on Saturday, since it's a good way to keep my hair out of my face

I decide to put my hair up the way it was on Saturday, since it's a good way to keep my hair out of my face. I grab my books, then head to the kitchen to pack my lunch. Dad and Cheryl, my stepmom, are already at work, leaving me with the house all to myself.

Then, I notice a note on the kitchen counter:

Cassidy,
Your father and I are going out for dinner tonight, so you'll have to go out and buy something or cook something for yourself.
Love, Cheryl

Of course. Why am I not surprised? Why would they think to invite me with them? Looks like it'll be another delivery pizza night.

I crumple up the note and throw it into the trash can. I then throw a couple things to eat into a brown paper bag, then grab my books and head out to the bus stop.

After what seems like a long, long bus ride, I finally reach Shermer High School. Probably my least favourite place in the world. But hey. Maybe it'll be one of the best, if our little group stays together.

Pushing through the already crowded hallways, I manage to reach my locker to grab some of my books. My first period class is math, (barf) so I grab my math textbook and notebook, put away the rest of my books, and head to the third floor.