Water

-They are at S.T.A.R. Labs and she just saw someone from her past-

Diggle's POV

"Kahndaq?" A man stood at the elevator, his face looked as if he saw a ghost. His voice was trembly and terrified. The man was tall and had brown hair that was cut in a short style. His eyes were a greyish brown and wide open at the woman who stood before him. "Ronnie?" she smiled at his name. A hug quickly ensued, Ronnie immediately hugged back in a friendly embrace. They pulled away and he started laughing, "Out of all the people who could cheat death, it would be you." He remarked laughing. She laughed back. "Where is everyone?" she asked her voice urgent for an answer. "They're down at the 600 Cortex, I just came from there." He simply replied. "I'll head down there, see you later Ronnie!" she cheerfully said. Ronnie walked away and she entered the now empty elevator. "So, who was that guy?" I tried yet failed to start a conversation. "He's Ronnie Raymond, he's a technical engineer here." she clicks a button that says 600. In shock, I tried to form words, "600?! You guys weren't kidding?" she chuckled "Yeah, this place is really big, Level 600 leads to the main Cortex." I began to laugh "More like the Core!"

Kahndaq's POV

Diggle shifts awkwardly in place then shifts the conversation "If you don't mind me asking this but umm, what was the island... you know?" She ends his prolonged awkward speech by answering his question, "What it was like?" He bobs his head in agreement, he does this with a hint of shame. "It was cold and dark, almost without life or hope. The only thing that kept me in a right state of mind was Oliver." Her voice bleeding out with emotion as a wave of silence took over the elevator. She gathered herself together and resumed her rigid stance.

The elevator came to a standstill, the doors swiftly moving aside with a mechanic whirl.

Kahndaq's POV

We entered the hallway in front of the elevator. She shuffled along the smooth floor. The place seemed cold, dark and practically lifeless. My vision shifted between past and reality until reality surrendered control of my mind. 

The wind roared as the seas violently crashed. My head poked up barely for air. The destroyed Gambit has a deafening crash as it sinks below the surface. My name is being yelled by Oliver and Robert. "Kahndaq! Sara!" Oliver's yell was desperate and crackly. Slowly Sara's name is being removed from his cry and the voice changes to Diggle's. "Kahndaq!" She snapped back to reality and realized she was on the ground. Diggle's eyes looked fearful and concerned. "Are you ok?" His voice shakes. She reassures him by responding "Yeah, just zoned out." She blinks rapidly and wipes her face to rejuvenate her senses. "You were just twitching an-" she cuts him off and tells him she was fine. 

They continued to walk the hallway until they finally reach the main cortex. She immediately turns to her old desk which was now covered in memories and flowers. There was one framed picture in the center of the memorial, it was her wearing her first invention. She called it the Quantum Technology Particle Integrated Exoskeleton, or Q.T.P.I.E for short. She grinned as a flood of cheery memories rushed back but her demeanor changed as she remembered they had been lost in the Gambit. She resumes her focus on the task at hand "Anyone home? she called out. A woman with reddish brown hair entered with Cisco. The woman gasped and sprinted towards her crashing into a tight embrace. She pulled away. "Oh my gosh! I thought Cisco was lying when he said you were still alive..... I actually punched him in the eye." she snickered at the last bit. Cisco huffed in anger and showed her his eye that was a spotted rainbow of yellow blue and purple. "Damn Caity, you can really pack a punch!" she exclaims in laughter. They convene in laughing before two men entered the room. One of the men looked angry while the other smirked with a smug expression, you know like the one you hate. "What is going on, we have a deadline before the Particle Accelerator needs to be finished!" He soon realizes she is standing there and he shifts to a more shocked demeanor. "You seriously are sticking with that name Dr.Wells?" Kahndaq remarked jokingly. "Well, you're late per usual Ms.Merlyn. I think about five-ish years." he chuckles as they hug. She turns her focus to the other man whom she recognized as Hartly Rathaway. He smirks and sarcastically remarks "Well you're alive, still." she scoffs and comes back with "And you're somehow still employed here and not brutally murdered by anyone in this room" her lip curls up at his defeat. He simply rolls his eyes. 

AN: Oh my gosh!! I am so so so so soooo sorry that I hadn't been active EE. Thank you per usual and have a gr8 day m8

~LoVe~