Chapter three

I woke up to banging of pans downstairs and almost forgot where I was and what happened yesterday. I'm kinda glad but not at the same time. I don't no longer need to worry about them but then again I kinda do miss them.

I get out of bed and go take a shower which again the bathroom is shared the other guess bedroom. I locked both doors and get my shampoo and bathing supplies and go into the bathroom get in the shower I get out and walk into the room and lock my bedroom door while I get my clothes I have to pick something cute but not to showing.

I finally pick out what I'm going to wear and lay it on my bed I get my other clothes and get them on I always wear a tank top under my shirts. I picked out a pair of blue skinny jeans and a pretty plain black t shirt that kinda fits tight.

I do my makeup I haven't done in like forever and it's only like 10:39 and I'm getting hungry I find one of my nice purses and go down stairs to see if I can find something small to eat on in case he wants to eat somewhere to.

I pick a pop tart and sit down at the island in the middle of the kitchen while Stacey is trying to pick what to cook herself.

"An egg sandwich would taste really good, wouldn't it?" She try's to figure out what she wants and turns around to look at me. "Oh wow Alice you've gotten so pretty, your dressed very nice right now where are you heading off to?" She asked not really in a mad way but like funny aunt way.

"Yea my old neighbor the one I told you I have like a huge crush on invited to hang out and I took the offer to try to finally make friends." I tell her and she nods saying ok. I laugh.

—————————

We laugh a little bit around and more before I get ready and go outside to meet Dalton Riggs down the road.

I turn the corner of the block and there he stood in his blue jean pants and hoodie looking really cold. I walk up naturally to him and he looks up from his phone and put it in his pocket and started walking over to me.

"I thought you lived right here?" He said. Oh I forgot to tell him about that last night oops... "I do but I'm having to live with my uncle and aunt for a while until everything is sorted out or if it gets sorted out." I tell him. I actually feel perfectly fine talking to someone for the first time in a long time.

We start walking around a bit and we get fully into the sun and that's when I first realize I haven't seen the sun in a while.

———————
We kept walking around and taking till we get back to where my house is originally and I don't even know how we got here but oh well. "It was nice talking to you." He saids to me.

I nod shyly knowing I do have a crush on him and this one question bugging me to ask. "You to I haven't never really had anyone to talk to me before and get me like you do." I tell him honestly.

"Hey I recognize that you don't have a car and you walk to school. Would you like for me to pick you up and give you a ride to school w-w-with me?" He saids kinda shy and I smile.

"Sure pick me up at 7:40 please." I said.
"Ok and you be ready at 7:30 I may come early." He said back to me before smiling. "I'll text you ok?" He yells back and I nod remembering on the walk we gave each other our phone numbers and I told him where it is I work and all. And he had told me that his dad is forcing him into football but he also really likes it but his dad takes it way to serious. He just didn't tell me to what extent. I didn't share that kind of information yet.

I look down at my phone while he walked away. My first friend oh wow I never thought I would say that phrase. I like that phrase then just add 'Dalton Riggs' to it and it's a shocking phrase.

I go up into the house to get warmer close on and get in the shower again. As soon as I get in I'm interrupted by my uncle yelling through the phone at what sounds like a lawyer.

"She needs stable parents and my sister isn't that for Christ sake she's in jail as we speak until murder charges for running over three children with her car in Walmart parking lot!!!" He yells through the phone. Well I know what my mom is in jail for now. She was really out there then.

I slowly go inside and shut the door trying to be as quiet as possible but he catches me and ends the phone call with a big 'we'll talk later' and then click.

"Hey Alice come here." He saids and I walk over to him and sit on the couch beside him. "How much did you just hear?" He asked truly.

"Just enough." I tell him. "Are you trying to get me from my mother?" I ask him for the truth. He sighs and nods a slow nod. I stand up and I hug him and then run upstairs. "Thank you." I tell him and shut the door

I plopped my stomach on the bed and text Dalton who had done texted me.

Hey

He had said already like four times. I laughed and rolled over this is how my life should be I swear.

————————
We messages until late that night and now I'm laying in bed getting comfy before I hear a loud thug on my window. I look around my room like 'who the hell could that be'. I stand out of bed and look out the window and in surprise I see...

Dalton Riggs is outside my window at 10:30 pm!!!!!!!!