Chapter five

We walk into the restaurant or breakfast parlor and sat down after they gave us a menu we sat across from each other and started looking at the menu.

I just noticed that name of the breakfast parlor and we are sitting in Waffle House. I started laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" Dalton ask and I look up at him and he's smiling about to laugh to.

"We're sitting in Waffle House." I tell him through a laugh. He starts laughing to.

"So..." he said after he finishes laughing. I just shake my head back and forth. He starts laughing again.

We finish laughing and look back at the menu. "What do you plan on getting?" I ask him and look up at him.

"Maybe the breakfast plate with two pancakes, a piece of sausage, and two pieces of ham. What are you going to get, do you know yet?" He saids and I look back down.

"Maybe the same thing. I don't see anything good but that sounds good." I look up at him and laugh. He starts laughing again and looks away.

"Don't worry about Kenzie, ok she won't do nothing to you." He tells me looking back at me with truth in his eyes.

"Why would she be a treat anyways?" I ask him questioning the new topic. "Did she say she was going to hurt me or something?" I asked him.

"Not exactly, but she did say keep what is close to me in eyes or else." He saids first. "Your one of the things that's close to me." I look at him in awed.

"I trust you I can take her on if she try's something." I tell him and smile and he looks up from his lap at me with joy in his eyes this time. I love the joy in his eyes I see. He usually doesn't show his emotions but he's kinda opened to me I like it I need someone to talk to and try to be normal.

"I am your waiter, my name is Anna, how may I help you today?" The waiter ask in a very nice and young voice, I look up to see a young girl with a pregnant belly over her pants. I smile very sweetly up to her.

"We would both like the breakfast plate and one nice cold chocolate milk." Dalton saids to the waiter. She smiles and writes that down and takes up the menu plates. "I'll be right back with yalls chocolate milk." She saids And walls off.

"How did you know I liked chocolate milk?" I ask him. "Everybody loves chocolate milk duh." He answers and we both bust out laughing. I slow my laughter to look up at him and his smile.

The way he looks when he smiles and laughs. His teeth are so white and his little baby face is OMG he looks like I fucking god.

As I am staring off into his features I didn't even realize our food was here or that he was staring at me to. I start to feel my cheeks to warm up as he sees this he shines that beautiful smile that could make someone die at his feet.

Kenzie really doesn't deserve him at all. If she's threatening me through him I will end up ruin her she doesn't know who she's fucking with. I'm not exactly the type of person to fuck with, Ive done been through so fucking much and she thinks she can fuck with me she's just gonna ruin her own life.

I look at Dalton and he's eating his food, I find that so cute. I look down at my food and I start to dig in before it's to late and I can't eat before school. I actually kinda forgot about school today. What if this is how all my days end up being like. This would be how I would want all my days to be for ever till I could die.

———————————

We finish eat after a little bit of a pancake fight which was so fun, I'm surprised they didn't kick us out. I'm now walking into my first class of the day and Dalton said that at the end of the day go to the football field and after his practice he would take me home so that what I'll do I guess.

I sit down at my seat and get out my book since my first period of the day for my block schedule. I have Dalton in my next class which is math. So I'll see him then but I doubt he'll talk to me.

I get into my book and I don't even realize someone has sat beside me and I look over to see who it was and it is this young girl about in my grade that has blond blond hair, I recognize her as one of the old dancers at our school. I just pretend she isn't there until h
She starts to talk to me and then I turn my attention to her.

"Aren't you that girl that Dalton Riggs brought to school today?" She asked.  "Yea, why what's wrong with that?" I ask her. "Oh nothing, so what's your name?" I just gave her a weird look, "Alice, what's yours?" I told her. "Alyssa. Are you new?" I just shook my head. "Oh I haven't heard of you, sorry." She said and started to get up and leave when Kenzie walked into class.

They went to the back of the class and started to chat. Then Alyssa moved towards the front of the class but not beside me. I just sat there read my book till that teacher got into the class then I put my book away and paid attention to the lesson I was willing to learn. I can't wait till school is over.

—————————

When I was walking out of the classroom Alyssa was leaning against the wall outside of the door. She pushed off and started to walk beside me while I was heading toward my math class.

"You know Kenzie is gonna get Dalton back right?" She told me. I stopped and looked at her. "I didn't take him from her and I ain't trying to be nothing more than friends." I told her and she just shook her head and put her hand on my shoulder. "Just watch your back, listen to me for sure. It'll be the smart thing to do." She told me and walked away.

What did she mean by watch our back?