Chapter seven

I walk slowly toward my locker after fourth period to put away all my stuff then walk out to the football field. I fiddled with my locker combo, I couldn't get it correct because I feel someone's eyes on me.

I finally get in open as I was about to reach to put my book in my arm in my locker as my locker hit my arm and shut the rest of the way and then I see bright bright pink color witch like manicured hand on my locker and I already know who it is with out looking up.

"You little nasty bitch!" I hear Kenzie yell as I looked up to her nasty face and give her the most boring face on as I sit there and listen to her rambling on.

"You know, I know some things I could spread about your nasty ass that would make dalton flip three shits and back. He then would leave your ass on the ground and come running back to me. You try me in any more ways and it won't end very god damn well for you." She starts to rambling on and I just want to walk the fuck away forget about my damn book.

"Look Kenzie I'm not trying to steal your damn man. If he really wanted you he wouldn't of broke up with your ass. Just because he wants to be friends with me doesn't mean jack shit so leave me the fuck out of your damn love life and get the hell out of my friendship."

After I said what I wanted her to leave. I opened my locker again, stood up and walked to the football field where I would stay for the next 30 to 50 minutes.

I push the door open and take a brief look at Kenzie's face and she looked puzzled. It was so funny. It was the best expression I've seen on her face in a long time.

I go and sit on the bleachers at the football team as all the boys in there jerseys are lined up in front of the coach. I see Dalton turn around towards me and send me one of his smiles and I smile back.

————————

Practice is over and I'm waiting by the dressing room for Dalton to appear. I texted my uncle and told him I would be late coming home going to friends house for a bit and he answered with just don't get into trouble. Like I was the person to get myself into trouble around here.

I was reading a post on Instagram as someone snatches my phone out of my hands and starts to run with it. I look up to see a smiling Dalton and I run after him.

"Give it back!!" I yelled at him after running up and down the bleachers about eight-teen times. My feet where falling out from under me.

"Ok ok ok come here." He says so calm without breathing heavy. Lucky athletic boy. I walk over to him and he points to his cheek. Saying to give him a smooch on the cheek for my phone back. Well I wanted my phone. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek.

He dropped my phone in my hand while his face was still shocked. All I did was smirk an evil smile and then started laughing. He then ran after me once again and I ran away of course but I couldn't beat him.

I'm one soft but quick and controlling movement I was swooped up over Dalton's shoulder and he slowed down to a walk. I started to yell and throw my arms and feet around but he wasn't letting me go at all. I mean I nearly weigh only 100 lbs so that's easy.

Once one shoulder got tired of holding me which took a while, he swapped me over to the other shoulder with just lifting me up over his head. He finally came to a stop and unlocked his car.

"Do you want down or you want me to drive around with your butt in my window?" He said and I started laughing, I made him laugh and then he sat me down on the ground and I climbed into his car.

"Do you still want to come over to my house today?" He asked me and I nodded with a huge smile on my face. If you would've told me a month ago that I would be right here sitting in my crushes car with him, not being abused anymore, and going to his house I would've told you that you need to go see a therapist because your done lost our mind out the window in California but I can't believe this myself.

I sit in his car quietly while he drives with a random beat on the steering wheel. "Do you want to listen to music or something than the weird quietness?" He asked me while taking a turn to the right at a four way. "Sure and also, where in the whole entire world are you taking me?" I asked him and he looks over at me and does this cute but evil smirk and keeps driving.

He cuts on the radio and he first station is a country music station. Out of all the people at our school I didn't think that Dalton Riggs, the most popular guy and football player at my school would like to listen to country music.

"I can't believe you listen to country." I tell him and start to smile. "Do you like country, I don't know what it is about country music it just brings me back to this world after games and stuff so I like to jam out to it." I nod and smile. It makes sense how it could work in that way.

"Where are you taking me? I thought we were going to your house?" I tell him and he smirks again. "You'll see here shortly. Just look out the window and take in the scenery, ok?" He tells me and I get this worried look on my face. "Ok?!" I tell him. I for some reason feel a little weird about this.