Chapter four

I open the window to a smiling Dalton Riggs outside in the cold November air. I look at him in disbelief like this isn't happening. "What are you doing here?" I ask him looking still out the window with a surprise look on my face.

"Well I can't go to sleep and your the only other person to talk to that I like and enjoy talking to other than my pissed off girlfriend." Ugh there still together. I laugh at his comment.

"Could you come and talk out here?" He ask and I turn and look at the door it's only my aunt here maybe she'll understand. I nodded to him shut the window and get warmer clothes on staying away from the window.

I rush down the stairs and to the front door in a hurry to get to the love of my life. I open the door and go outside really quick. I walk around to the side of the house where I saw him out my window... He's not here anymore. Wait what I look around and then all of a sudden "BOO!!" He yells after running out of the bushes. I scream and jump back when l realize it's just him.

I stare at him for a moment and we both laugh. We sit on the curb of the street and chat some more.

———————
"It's getting a little late we should probably go inside and go to sleep now." He saids and I laugh giving him a nod in agreement. It's about 1:26 am and we're still sitting on the curb talking.

We get up from the curb and say goodbye and goodnight to each other and I walk back to the house and he walks to his house. I stop at the front door and turn around to see the love of my life walking away. I'm actually shocked he even wanted to talk or meet me at all I'm kinda an outcast and he's the school best football player.

I go back inside and up to the bedroom I'm staying in and get back in my pjs and lay in bed for a couple of minutes. I finally go to bed thinking of how Dalton Riggs could actually partly like me deep inside but I never knew it.

———————
I wake up at 6 in the morning to get ready for school. I really didn't get much sleep last night from my chatting with Dalton, but I liked it. For the first time I'm starting to fit in a little. I get my clothes on and put my makeup on to cover the black eye and hand print my mom gave me from when I woke up screaming.

I get finished getting ready and go down stairs to meet my aunt and get something to eat. I again get a pop tart and my aunt laughs.

"Is that all you eat?" She asked. "No but I mean it's a quick breakfast." I tell her with a laugh. As I'm heading for the door to leave the house after getting a text from dalton saying "I'm outside" my aunt yells my name and I turn around.

"I love you baby. And everything with you and your mom is going to be alright. And I'm really happy your making friends." I nodded in a thank you offer and then walk out the door saying "bye."

As soon as I turn around I see a blond headed girl bending down to look into Dalton's dodge charger talking to him. I look behind the Dodge Charger and I see a light blue color smart car behind it and I know exactly who is belongs to since she tried to run me off the road.

I all of a sudden hear a "UGH!" and a car door slam shut and squealing tires. I start walking to the door of the car and Dalton is out of his car and on my side opening the door. "Thank you." I say to him and get in the car.

"For what? You ain't gotta think me." He tells me while running to his side of the car and gets in. "For giving me a ride to school and all." I tell him and he shakes his head. "Anything for a friend." He saids. I smile at that word friend. He called me his friend.

I try not to mention it buts it's bugging me and we still have a 20 minute drive to the school. I'm siting there minding my own business when all of a sudden "Do you want to get something to eat before school? We still have plenty of time and I don't want to go to school just yet." He said and I nod.

"Sure let's go." I say in a happy expression. I'm so happy and we're actually friends now so I just have to ask.

"What was Kenzie doing in front of the house by your car?"  I ask him.

"Mad at me." He said plainly as if no big deal.

"Why? What would Dalton Riggs do to make her mad at him?" I ask in a joking matter since he was being so clam.

He looked over at me and back to the road. He took a deep breathe and his next words shocked me so much I didn't even realize what we were doing any more or where we were going I was just here and listening to his beautiful words over and over again.

"I broke up with her last night after we went our own ways from outside your house."

——————

We just pulled into the restaurant and I was still so shocked. Why would he break up with her. Could he actually like ME!!! No gosh no I'm going craz-

"You want to go into the restaurant?" Dalton asked and I didn't even know I said yes but he was at my side door opening the car door and I stepped out.

The only question running through my mind was why? Why would he break up with her the most popular girl in school and is this going to make my life a living hell now that he is friends with me. God I hope not I need to deal with my mom and step dad way before I have to deal with that Bitch!