I'll Be Happy To//Dovewing X Expecting!Fem!Reader

You looked at the outside of the nursery. You weren't happy with anything. Not even your own kits. These kits weren't planned. Your "mate", Hailbelly (an OC of mine who's a player), had made you have his kits. You never even loved him! But he was dead...the day before you found out he died. You told the Clan the truth and most felt sorry for you. You saw a Smokey-gray she-cat walk in. Dovewing... You thought, your heart skipping a beat once you saw her. "Hello, (Y/N)." She meowed to you gently. You smiled at her. She was really the only one who actually showed she cared.
"How are you?" She asked. You shrugged. "Could be better..." She gave you a small lick on the ear, as a way to comfort you. "It's okay...I bet you'll love these kits. Weather they're Hailbelly's or not." She told you. You nodded. She laid down next to you. "I'll get you something. Anything specific?" You shook your head. She nodded and left. You hauled yourself outside and waiting for Dovewing. She came back a squirrel. You looked at her, blinking gratefully and started eating. You passed her the squirrel. "Want some?"
She shook her head and passed it back to you. "You need it more than me." You nodded and kept eating. She watched you. You winced in pain a few times. She nudged you. "You okay?" You nodded. "It's normal...don't worry." You told her, pressing your nose to her fur. "Dovewing!" She got up. "I have to go. I'll be back." You watched her leave. You had to admit. You enjoyed Dovewing's time a little too much. You weren't clingy or anything, you just...loved her.

(Time Skip)

You looked at the other kits playing. Dovewing was right about you loving your kits. They still weren't born yet. But they would be soon. Dovewing would visit you everyday. Anyone could think that the two of you were mates! You wanted to be mates. You had grown very close with her. You had a connection with her that you've never had with any other cat before. She wasn't like everyone else.
She showed that she cared. Others only felt sorry for you one day then probably forgot all about it the next. You suddenly let out a moan of pain. Dovewing was just a few mouse-lengths away from the nursery. She heard you and walked to the nursery at a fast pace. A sharp pain flowed through you. "(Y/N)?" She looked at you.
You turned to her. "Your kits! They're coming." She blinked. "(Y/N)'s kits are coming!"

(Time Skip)

After a while, your kits were here. All healthy and well. Two she-kits. One had your (F/C) fur. And the other one...looked like Hailbelly. You didn't care anymore. Your kits were here! Dovewing was waiting outside.
You thought for a while. I bet these kits won't mind.. You saw her come in. She smiled at the kits. "They're beautiful kits, (Y/N)..." She purred. She looked at the kits.
"What are going to name them?" You shrugged. "Maybe...(K/N) and (K/N)...?" She nodded.
"Perfect names for perfect kits." You smiled. "Dovewing?" She looked at you.
"Yes, (Y/N)?"
You let out a sigh. "I feel as if these kits need another parent..." she nodded. "Who were you thinking? Bumblestripe?" She started listing off toms who didn't have mates. "Or-" "You...?" She stopped and stared at you. You felt your (E/C) eyes look down. She smiled. "Oh, (Y/N)! I thought you'd never ask!" She nuzzled you, licking your cheek. "Of course, I'll be your mate...and the other parent to these kits..." You smiled and nuzzled her back. "I'll make sure these kits don't end up like him..."

Up next: I'm Fine//Cloudtail X Reader