No Matter What//Lionblaze X Reader

Y/N was eating with her mate, Lionblaze. The two had been best friends since their kithood. But soon that friendship turned into a beautiful relationship.The two of you didn't plan to have kits yet but you wanted to soon. Lionblaze pressed himself against you. You purred and licked his cheek. He smiled. "I'm going to rest..." He told you, licking your nose. You purred, watching him leave. He walked into the warriors' den. You soon followed him after finishing your vole. You curled up next to him. You could feel Cinderheart's gaze burning on the two of you.

You couldn't blame her. She loved Lionblaze before you did. But he ended up with you. You felt as if one day, she'd get her revenge (I dun wanna make Cinderheart a bad child so...let's just say you think that).

(Time Skip)

It had been a couple of weeks since you found out were expecting kits. Lionblaze was thrilled with the news. You had moved to the nursery since you found out a little late. It wasn't very full in the nursery. Only (F/N) was there with her kits. "You'll like it here. It's usually peaceful." You smiled and  watched her kits. They were playing with a moss-ball. You couldn't wait for your kits to come.

(Another Time Skip :3)

Lionblaze walked over to the nursery. "Hi, (Y/N)." You blinked your eyes open to see your mate. You smiled. "Hello, Lionblaze." He nuzzled you, purring. "How are you doing?" "Good." He smiled and licked your fur near your belly. "Hello, little ones." He purred. You laughed softly. You felt a kit kick you and flattened your ears.

Lionblaze turned to you. "You hungry?" You shook your head. "Not right now." A sharp pain hit you and you winced in pain. "Lionblaze...their coming..."

(Another Time Skip)

(Lionblaze's POV)
Lionblaze waited for it to be over. He swallowed. He saw Cinderheart wall over to him. "(Y/N) will be fine." He nodded, hoping it would be true. He saw Jayfeather come out and stood up.

"Well?" His brother nodded. "She's fine." He sighed in relief. "Can I see her?" He nodded. The Golden-brown tom walked inside, smiling. (Y/N) smiled. He licked her ear.

He nuzzled her before looking at the kits. She smiled. "What do you want to name them?" He asked.

One kit was a golden-brown tabby like him. The other looked like (Y/N).

The other kit was a mix you the two.

"The golden tabby, (K/N). The (F/C) kit (K/N)." She looked at him. "You can name the last kit." She told him. He nodded. "I like (K/N)." She nodded. "Me too." She whispered. He purred. He got up and walked out, leaving them to rest. He saw Leafpool and she walked over to him. "Lionblaze..." She looked at him, ears flattened. "Yes?" She sighed. "The kits...they aren't going to make it." His smile went to a frown quickly. "What?" She shifted her paws. "I'm sorry." He stepped back and shook his head. "B-But they seemed fine!" He meowed. Leafpool flicked her tail.

"Well they aren't...they weren't born as healthy as they should be." He looked at his paws. "You haven't told (Y/N)?" He asked. She shook her head. "But I was about to..." He slowly nodded. The one time we have kits...it doesn't work out...

(Time Skip)

Your POV
You nuzzled Lionblaze, sharing your grief with him. He licked your shoulder. Your kits had died off. One by one. It was a painful experience for the both of you. But as long as you had Lionblaze. Everything would be okay. No matter what happens.

Up Next: I'm Fine//Cloudtail X Reader