prolouge part four

She looked confused, but listened to the command and brought her hands up to her ears and pressed down hard. The door closed lightly, so Emily waited for whatever to happen.

There was a muffled choking noise, then a large bang against the side of the van that made Emily flinch. Then all was quiet, the silence ate away at her insides, she didn't know what was going to happen to her from here on out, she hadn't the slightest guess. Two minutes passed on, but felt like an eternity crashing down on her shoulders. Then the van door opened, and she could see only the angel boy.

"You are safe now." he said smoothly. Reaching his hands towards her he motioned for her to come to him. "I wont harm you, i give you my word."

She raised her eyebrows as the tears dried to her cheeks, making her face glow. Hesitantly she slid foreword on her butt, and sat at the opening of the van, then hopped down onto land.

Emily looked around for the man, but he was no where to be seen, almost like he never existed in the first place. All that was there was the woods, her, and the angelic boy who towered over her now. He looked down at her with gentle eyes. 

"Come here" he said, as he wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her into his chest, holding her close in a hug.

Strangely this did not frighten her, everything about this moment felt safe, all emotions that hinted at any type of fear evaporated at the sound of his voice. He took the hairs that stuck to her face and glided them behind her shoulders.

"What is your name" he said as he gently sat her down, once more on the edge of the van.

He looked deeply into her eyes, making her feel completely warm on the inside of her chest. "My name is Emily."

The boy smiled as he looked down at his feet, "And what is your age?"

She was unsure why he wanted to know all these things, but she answered anyway, she felt she had to. "Im eleven."

Something about this moment was different. As they talked, and looked at each others faces, it was like two different worlds aligned in the sky. Suddenly everything felt warm. Despite the cold air, their body's ran with heat, she felt as though he was a protector of some kind, and he felt the need to keep her safe. But he had no idea why this was happening with her, a little girl.