Chapter twelve

"Agh!" i fell backwards from being startled, i could feel my bare feet slide on the slick rock. 

But before i was covered in mossy water, a hand was underneath my back and holding me in place. My eyes were sealed shut. The smell of this mystery man surrounded me, trees and clear air and i could feel his cool, slow breath... only inches from my lips.

"you should be more careful..." He whispered in a low teasing tone. "The woods is no place for a girl like you." His voice was deep, with a rusty edge like he had been in need of clearing his throat.

I opened my eyes slowly, and his face came into view. His dark eyes were like black marbles staring deep into my face. Black hair caressed the sides of his face, it wasn't neat, and it wasn't in place. His hair was messy like hes been in the woods for to long. But his face was sculptured magnificently and ray t shirt was pulled down from my hand gripping it for fear of falling. and i could see his defined collar bone.

He wasn't tan or pale, he had the perfect skin tone. I stared at him for a long moment, and he stared back. 

"Thank you." was all i could say.

He crooked one eyebrow up and smiled slyly, pulling me up into his arms, he walked through the water and set me down on the grassy bank, my feet smudged into the grass. 

"What are you doing out here?" i asked him as he backed away from me.

"You don't know where we are do you." he said, and it wasn't a question.

He didn't answer me. We sat down in the grassy Noel and stayed there for what felt like hours. For the most part we sat in silence, and when he spoke i could feel every hair on the back of my neck stand, the scary part was i could sense that he knew that he was doing that to me. 

"What is your name?" i finally asked.

"That is a secret for now."

"Why cant i know?"

"Because i don't want you to know just yet. It is very important that we take these things slowly, with care."

"I have no idea what you are talking about". 

He was confusing, stunning, strange and frightening all in one setting. And all i wanted to do was be close to him.

I stood up "i need to go".

He got up quickly and followed me as i stormed away towards the trees. He gripped my hands and turned me around, backing me up against a large oak tree. 

I looked at him for a moment as the wind pushed my hair over my shoulder and on to my back. He towered over me, probably at the height of at least six foot four. I couldn't see anything behind him, and he blocked the glare of the sun from my face. 

"You don't need to go anywhere."

"No i don't." i answered short, i had no idea what i was supposed to say to this person, but i felt connected with him on a whole different level as soon as he spoke. All i could do was look at him, admire his beauty, i was blown away at how one person could be everything every female on earth could ever want. And i was standing in the middle of the woods alone with him.

Then it hit me, i was in the middle of God knows where, i was wearing a torn and soaking wet dress from my ankles and up. And i was with a man that i had no knowledge of, but for some reason i felt protected? 

"You are with me now. This is my world."

I watched his facial expressions change from playful to serious in the matter of seconds.

"Do you ever feel like you're being followed...?"

I stared at him in shock. "Yes."

He bent down and got close to my face, his lips three inches from my ear.

"I'm the dark shadow of your brightest days My love." this sent chills down my spine. 

He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face, my jawline was outstretched and i could feel his eyes on my neck.

"Who are you..."

His lips pressed against my neck and parted.

Then my bedroom came into view, the lights from the morning poured into the room and blinded my eyes.