chapter 14

"So you're telling me, this dude is totally into you. And you let him go home..."

"Malina we just met." I reminded her.

My best friend looked at me with such appalling sarcasm burning behind her innocent doe eyes. She turned away from me and her blonde hair swayed on her shoulder and bounced back into place.

"I cant believe you, the first piece of action you get since basically never and you make him go home."

"Well excuse me Mrs i am not a virgin, its not all about sex."

"Hey I'm just saying, I mean all the guys want you and you just don't see it. Jason is head over heals for you, now this Brennan guy is all lovy dovy. Girl you need to claim a man." She set down her nail polish on my living room table and leaned backwards on the couch and blew air on her freshly painted pink nails.

"I'm a lunatic, parts of me honestly think Brennan isn't even real, he could be a figment of my imagination."

She chuckled "honey he's real, but defiantly worth imagining. Mm."

"You're disgusting."

"No I'm honest, and the world can't handle me cause I say what everyone is thinking." She said in a chill tone.

"Well some things are better left unsaid."

She ignored my comment and went on to talk about the weekend, and if I was going to have Brennan over again.

"So is his friend Mark hot? I need to know so I can make myself look decent."

"He's good enough for you, but he didn't talk much, he just kind of stood there."

"Ooo so like the silent mysterious type, I'm down."

A strange sensation of doubt came over me. I could feel a presence lurking close, but this time it didn't give me anxiety. What came to mind though was worry. Thoughts were implanted in my mind, about Brennan.

"What if this Brennan guy isn't what he says he is?" I said as I stared off.

Malina turned on her side to look at me "what do you mean?"

"What if he's a bad guy and this is all a lie..."

Malina looked me in the eyes now "girl stop freaking out. He seems nice. You're not dating yet, just give it some time. You're gonna go to the fair with me mark and him and we are going to have a blast. "

She put her hand on my shoulder "and if not then I'm here for you, through it all."

"Okay."

"Alright now let's order some pizza."

As soon as she dialed the number the front door opened, and my dad had finally come home.