Epilogue - two hearts in the meadow

<a few months later>

Knuckles has recovered from his injury... he was walking in the meadow alone because he didn't want to hang out with Tails or the girls... Knuckles can see the view of the sky as he thought back about Sonics sweet smile. Knuckles said to himself, man...it's been a few months since it happened.... I wonder if Sonics doing okay?...I hope I get to see him soon... Knuckles laid down on the grass and shuts his eyes... about 15 minutes later Knuckles heard footsteps as he wakes up and turns to see Sonic who was surprised. Knuckles said, oh...hey Sonic. Sonic replied with a smile, hey Knux...I didn't know you were here too... Sonic sat down next to Knuckles as Knuckles sat up to see him. Sonic said, I decided to take a walk here...it's kinda peaceful around here...don't you think? Knuckles nodded and said, hey Sonic?...are you sure you love me?..*Sonic tilted his head at the question* sorry it's just that....out of all people why me?...I just... Sonic shook his head and said, well for starters....your really kind hearted and trust-worthy and funny not to mention handsome... Knuckles blushed and said, y..y...you think so? Sonic nodded and said as he took his hand, a course I do...your the only one for me Knux... Knuckles replied as he pulled Sonic closer, thank you Sonic...I love you... Sonic said softly, I love you too Knuckles. Then they kissed for a moment. The wind blew so smoothly as they broke the kiss. Then Sonic began to feel his heart beat as Knuckles pulled him to his lap. Sonic laid his head down on Knuckles chest as the wind blew slowly. Knuckles said as he looked at the flowers and then looked at Sonic, there's nobody else I will love but you Sonic...your the only one for me Sonic and nobody will take that away. Sonic whispered, oh Knuckles... At that moment Knuckles knew that his one and only is Sonic...no one but Sonic. To this day Knuckles and Sonic visit each other as the two grew closer and closer and they knew there was nobody in their hearts but them and them alone.

The end.