Chapter 3

Emma's POV

There he is. After six months I'm finally seeing him again. Standing there in black skinny jeans, a Ramones shirt and a beanie. He hasn't changed at all. All memories and feelings come back. Happy to see him, afraid of what's going to happen. I'm not sure if I should beat or hug him right now.

Ashton and I stare into eachother's eyes for what feels like an infinity. "Emma, look, Ash is back," Hannah says. I look at her then back at Ashton. "Emma," he says quietly and pulls me into a hug. "I missed you so much," he whispers into my ear. I missed his scent which hasn't changed as well, I missed his hugs which gave me warmth and comfort, I missed hearing his heartbeat, I missed him. A few tears escape my eyes.

"I'm still here!" Hannah laughs. We both look at her and smile. Ashton looks back at me and says, "If you don't have plans tonight we could have dinner or something. I would love to talk now but me and my siblings have to go home." Is he asking me out again? "I'd love to." I really want to spend time with him again but he broke my heart and I can't just forgive him. "I guess your number didn't change?" he asks. "Still the same. Just text me," I smile. We say goodbye and leave.

I take Hannah home. My mom wanted me to come in for a few minutes so we're sitting in the living room just talking. "You look happy," my mom says. I smile as Hannah screams, "Emma has a date tonight." My mom looks at me. "Really? It's been like half a year since you and Ashton broke up. Great that you're going out again," she says. My dad comes into the living room and sits down. "My daughter has a new boyfriend?" he asks curious. "Dad, I'm just going on a date. That doesn't mean I have a new boyfriend," I laugh. "Well, I hope he is as good as Ashton or maybe even better, " he tells me. If he knew. "But it is Ashton," Hannah says and I look at her with a angry face. "Oops," she adds. I know exactly what my parents would say about getting back together with Ashton and that's why I didn't want to tell them just now. They really liked Ashton until he broke up with me. "He is back in town and we just want to talk tonight and-" they look at me in confusion. "I don't want that he breaks your heart again, honey," my dad says. "What if he doesn't love you anymore?" my mom adds. That's exactly what I thought they would say. "I completly understand you but I'm old enough." They smile but I know that they're not happy about the fact that their daughter is going on a date with the boy who broke her heart six months ago.

After some more minutes of my parents telling me I should be careful I decide to leave and get ready for my date with Ashton.