Chapter 7

Emma's POV

Ashton and I are going for a walk. We walk through his neighborhood where he used to play when he was a kid. "Remember when we were skateboarding down this road?" I ask him. "Yeah," he laughed, "You always fell over." I pout, "That wasn't funny. I hurt my arm." He laughs at me and I slap his arm.

We sit down on a bench on top of a hill where you have a great view over Sydney. Ashton and I always went here in the evening to look at the stars. "Look!" I say as I point at a shooting star. "Make a wish," I add. Ashton closes his eyes and then looks back at me. "What did you wish for?" I ask him. "I can't tell you, Em. It won't come true if I tell you," Ashton says sounding like a little kid. I laugh at him.

"Emma?" Ashton says quietly. I look at him. "I'm so sorry for everything. I did a huge mistake. I thought to break up with you would help me because I missed you so much. It didn't. And I thought that I'm not good for you. You need a boyfriend who is always there and I'm just so sorry, Emma," he says. "Ashton," I breathe. "Emma, I love you. I never stopped loving you. You're the one and I can't believe that I broke up with you," he adds. Tears are forming in my eyes. "I don't know how you feel or if you give me a second chance. I could totally understand if you don't forgive me-" I interrupt him, "I forgive you, Ashton."

After a few more minutes of star gazing we walk back to Ashton's house. I say goodbye to his family. Ashton and I are standing next to my car. "When will I see you again?" Ashton asks smiling. "I have uni the next days but I will text you," I say. "Okay. See you," he gives me a kiss on the cheek. I get in my car and drive to my apartment.

When I arrive there Sophia greets me. "Where have you been all day?" she asks. "I was at Ashton's," I say as she looks at me in confusion. "He's in town and we spend the weekend together," I add. "That means everything is fine again between you two?" she looks at me curious. "Kind of. I forgave him. But we're not a couple. I think I need more time. I don't want my heart broken again," I tell her. "Take your time. I'm sure he will wait," she says.

It's late and I have uni tomorrow so I decide to go to bed. My phone rings and I look at the screen to see it's a text from Ashton.

From: Ashton

Thanks for today. It was really great to spend time with you and I would love to do it again. How about tomorrow afternoon? I want to show you something x

To: Ashton

I have to thank you. Yes, I'll text you when I'm ready with uni x

From: Ashton

Perfect. Good night, Em x

To: Ashton

Good night, Ash x