Chapter 4

Emma's POV

Ashton texted me that he would pick me up at 8. I stand in front of my closet looking for something to wear. A short black dress catches my eye. I wore it on Ashton and my first date.

*Flashback*

I step out of the shower, curl my hair, put some make up and my favorite dress on. Ashton is going to pick me up at 7 so I have ten minutes left. I walk downstaires to put on my shoes. "You look really pretty, honey," my mom says. "The boy must be special. This is your favorite dress, isn't it? You don't wear it except there's a good reason," my dad says. I blush and say, "He is a good reason."

The doorbell rings. I take my jacket and open the door. There he is looking handsome as always. He is wearing blue skinny jeans and a white shirt. Unlike usually. "Wow, you look beautiful," he says smiling at me. "Thank you." My parents look at us smiling. "Hi, I'm Ashton," he says shaking my parents hands. "Nice to meet you, Ashton," my mom tells him. "Be careful with my daughter," my dad adds, "Have fun you two."

Ashton opens the car door for me. What a gentleman. He gets in the car as well and starts driving. "So where are we going?" I ask. He looks at me and grins, "Surprise."

The car drive was filled with laughter and loud singing along to the radio. Ashton stops in front of a fancy restaurant. "It looks expensive," I say getting out of the car. "Everything for you," Ashton says making me blush. "You look cute when you blush," he winks.

After eating and countless conversations we decide to go for a walk on the beach. Just as we arrived there Ashton takes my hand and smiles at me. I feel the butterflies in my stomach. I had some relationships before but the feeling I get when I'm around Ashton is new. I never felt so much for a boy before.

We walk to the water and stand there for a few minutes. I feel him staring at me. "What?" I ask. "Nothing. You're just so beautiful," he whispers. I look down not wanting him to see me blushing again. He brings his hand to my chin making me look at him again and wraps his arms around my waist. I smile at him doing the same knowing what will happen next. Our faces come closer and closer and finally our lips touch. He rests his forehead on mine and asks, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I kiss him again. "I take that as a yes," Ashton says smiling and kisses me again.

*End of flashback*

I put it on unsure if it's a good idea or not. Ashton should be here any minute. I put my phone and everything I need in my purse as I hear a knock on the door.