Chapter Eleven: Action Figures

Moving everything into the bedrooms was a piece of work, especially when it came to getting things up to girls' new bedroom. The plan had been to have Sans teleport everything to where it needed to go, but with his absence as well as Undyne no longer being around to lift the really heavy objects, things were much harder on the monsters, who were doing their best with what they had.

         "You can do it Mettaton!" Frisk cheered from the bottom of the stairs, the boy watching him and Toriel carry a rather heavy dresser up the steps.

         "Come on Toriel!"

"You're on the last few steps!"

         "Lift like your lives depend on it- ahh!"

         The second Toriel stumbled and showed signs of falling, the five souls had quickly scattered to avoid getting crushed. In Frisk's opinion, it was amusing, and while Alphys also found it to be somewhat humorous, it was also making her a little bit anxious. After all, what if it did fall? Sure Mettaton was strong, but he was the one leading the way while Toriel was following behind him while helping to carry the thing; if Toriel slipped, then the dresser would surely fall on top of them, and they most certainly didn't want that.

         "I-It's okay, children! We have it under control!" Toriel called out, Austin peaking back into the stairway with Gabriel close behind him. One by one, the souls began to return, calling back out to Toriel once again as they tried to give her and Mettaton words of encouragement.

         And then she nearly tripped over her robe. Again.

         With another series of yelps, the children once again raced to safety as the former queen tried to catch her balance. Even Alphys had backed away from the staircase, while Napstablook simple turned around and murmured, "I can't watch..."

         Frisk was the only one who didn't move, and thankfully, Toriel did manage to steady herself, only to help Mettaton finish lifting the dresser and safely setting it down at the top. With a happy cheer, the boy then began clapping at their victory, Alphys quickly joining in while the children all returned and peaked back up the stairs once again.

         "Thank you, thank you. You're too kind!" said Mettaton with a gracious bow, the robot then turning his head slightly while raising a sassy eyebrow at Toriel. The goat monster, however, didn't budge at first, but then she let out a small chuckle and out of embarrassment said, "If you insist," only to do a quick bow herself. Unfortunately, their happiness was short-lived.

         "N-Now we only n-need to put up t-two more dressers-!" Alphys exclaimed, only to flinch as she heard a bunch of annoyed sighs sound from the other children. Even Napstablook's ghostly form sagged a bit until only their drooping eyes were peeking out above the floor, thus causing Mettaton to click his tongue and shake his head.

         "Well little beauties, we shouldn't let that stop the show, now should we? But, it is never good to continue a show without an intermission! Break time~" With two quick claps, Mettaton then began his descent, Toriel letting out a sigh of relief as she followed behind him.

         "So how long is this going to take? You said we still have two more of those to get up the stairs," noted Vera with a slight frown, the girl then running up the stairs once Toriel and Mettaton had reached the bottom. Followed by the other two girls, Vera then began inspecting the dresser, circling it as best she could before trying to push the heavy object.