Chapter 4- Surprise

The next morning I woke up with a headache.

"Lana it's time to go fishing! Woo hoop!" My mom screamed at me.

I hated fishing but it was the only day of the week where I spent time with my family so I encouraged myself to get up and get ready.

I glanced at my watch and it said 9:30am.

It wasn't too early or too late but I wasn't a morning person either.

My dad was so excited as usual while my mom started packing lunch. When I went to help her she asked "where were you last night?" "Why were you late?".

I started to think of what to say. Would she accept if I told her the whole truth? Should I say only half truth?

"Well are you going to answer me or not?" She pressured me. She was going to get dad or my bigger brother Dylan to ask if they saw me last night while they went bawling.

"I was out with Zoe..." I said softly. She nodded but she was still expecting me to say something else as if she wasn't accepting this "short answer".

"Well it got late and she went home so I started to walk home and I thought I was going to get here through the park but I didn't so this person helped me and we became friends".

I was hoping she would let it go but I feared she wasn't.

"And ..? Who's this person? And why did it take so long? When did Zoe go home?" She asked.

"She went home at 7pm.." And I interrupted her.

"So I basically walked for an hour trying to find a way home and it got about 8pm...and the person was this woman who looked kind so I accepted her help....and I came home at 11pm because well she...-"

"Lana quit the crap!" My mom told me with not a nice tone.

"Tell me exactly who it was and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a kind woman" she raised an eyebrow.

"ALRIGHT! It was a guy who's 17 and he asked if I was hungry so then we went to a bar....." I said breathing heavenly.

"Oh..."that's all she said without looking suspicious but I knew she was going to tell dad...why does she make it a big deal? Ugh.

Then we left the house.

We arrived at the lake. As a lazy teenager that I am I plugged my earphones on and watched my brother Dylan trying to fish with my dad. Then I looked at my left and I saw my mom trying to get a tan. I giggled. This was Ireland not Spain. Not to talk about my brothers girlfriend. Yep keep putting that tanning lotion.

Finally a few hours passed and it was time to go home.

When we reached our house my brother Dylan beeped at us which meant he was going home with his girlfriend.

When I went out the car I saw a bunch of flowers near our entrance and my parents looked confused.

I was confused too. Why is there a bunch of red roses near our entrance? Was it the wrong address or did my dad pull a surprise for my mom?

I read cards near the roses and it said Lana and so I panicked.

Was it from Mark? What the hell?

He doesn't even know me is he out of his mind?

Then I took a card and read it.

"Dear Lana,

Please-"

My dad interrupted my reading.

"Lana what is going on?"

"I - I... Don't know I -".

I took the card and roses and ran away only to one particular house.

"ZOEEEE! OPEN THE FREAKIN DOOR I SWEAR OH MY GOSH"

I screamed at her door.

I heard locks opening, she looked at me confused like she was just woken up by a loud whale giving birth.

"What is it?" She said.

"Let me in please! I'll explain later"

I then told her about my day and what happened except the part of the roses and the card.

"Why do you have those in your hands?" She laughed. "Are they for me?"

"Look I'm on big trouble I ran away from my parents and I feel guilty,so guilty" I said in a serious tone.

"What? You - hahahaha - you ran away -" she broke into laughter.

I ignored her and started reading the card again and told her to shut up so she went off her laptop and took a shower.

"Dear Lana,

Please know I never actually wrote a letter to anyone, especially a girl who I've only saw twice in my life.

However I'm writing to you because I don't have your number, but it's okay because I know where you live.

Please don't bring this to the police you know this is me, Mark.

I want to get you know you more...let's get this straight...you,your beauty and innocent face drive me crazy.

Please meet me tonight at 8pm near your new school, I'm throwing a party and I want you to be there. I'll be picking you up.

I like you? -Mark"

I read it again and again... Was this real life?