Chapter 19 - Trying to resolve

"Hey Lauren can I talk to you?If you get this message please call back. Yeah, thanks" Mark said in his car.

"You shouldn't be worrying about me..."

"I'll drive you home. When Lauren calls back do you want to know if it's true?" He asked.

"I don't think Chris would lie, but when he said that he answered my doubts of why he left for such a long time..." I sighed.

"I'm sorry Lana... Maybe you should stop hanging with 18 year olds" he joked.

"Well for a matter of fact that 18 year old is my boyfriend...well ex..."

"Sorry for making you say that"

"It's fine. You know what's weird? I'm not hurt I'm just disappointed. If you weren't here with me tonight I would probably be laying on some random street, catching him cheating on me.. Or even worse.. Maybe I saw you for a reason tonight" I said.

"Who knows. I don't feel like I made the situation better .." He said.

"You did. You're comforting me. I'm sorry about all the drama he caused. He even had the courage to shout at me after cheating on me ..."

"Does it not hurt?" He asked.

"You know being cheated on by your own boyfriend..." He said.

"We got along good." I replied.

"Do you even love him?" He asked getting closer to my house.

I stayed quiet.

I'm pure confused

"How will I explain to my family why I'm back home now?" I sighed.

"Tell them Chris had a long night" he chuckled.

"How are you always in a good mood?" I slapped his arm.

Then we ended up laughing together.

"I'm angry at Chris..."

"Don't ... I mean. I don't know" he said while driving.

Mark stopped the engine and faced me..

"Do you want me to walk you?"

I shook my head in response.

"Well...goodnight Lana. I'm here for you and remember that okay? Don't think about Chris too much. " he smiled at me.

"Ye thanks. Goodnight Mark, thanks for everything and SORRY for everything...don't leave me again, please" I sighed.

I sound like a fool. This is embarrassing.

I don't know why I said that.

"I won't, La-"

I quickly got out of the car and started making my way to the entrance.

Mark finally started his car again when he saw me entering and left.

I was too embarrassed to stay in that car and if he still has the same phone number I'll text him later.

*

Zoe: Hey do you want to hang tomorrow?(:

Me: I need a girly talk. Come mine at 3?

Zoe: tomorrow's Saturday -2 till you leave :(

I ignored her texts, took my shoes off and made my way to my bedroom.

If she only knew...

"Hey, weren't you sleeping at Chris's?" Sarah asked me.

"Not anymore" I sighed.