Chapter 21 - Travel

"I just want to start things slowly...sorry about what happened in the car" I whispered at Chris.

His mom heard when he cursed and she asked us why so many times but he just put an excuse that he felt his ankle crack.

He's such a bad liar.

His mom at least seemed to fall for it and gave him such a long list of not to swear because it wasn't good manners.

If she only knew what he did at the restaurant...

However, I kept my mouth shut not to cause any drama.

Chris agreed with me and apologized over and over again saying how much of a prick he is.

I don't disagree with that.

I feel sorry for him he probably thinks I don't want him as my boyfriend anymore. It's just I don't know what I'm doing and we can't jump in a conclusion.

What would a girl do if you got cheated on by her boyfriend?

Would she go on a holiday with him?

We were waiting for a flight while Chris's parents went to buy some food to eat.

"We have to pretend that we are together" Chris spoke.

"Is this your excuse?" I avoided eye contact with him.

"No. I don't want them to get suspicious" he said while taking something out of his bag.

"What's that?" I ignored what he said and curiously asked.

"iPod .."

"It's only an hour flight" I shook my head.

"I've downloaded songs for us- I mean for me to listen I would want you to- ugh never mind" he ran a hand through his hair.

"You want me to listen to songs with you?" I asked calmly facing him.

"Yeah"

"Okay cool" I said. Chris's parents were making their way back and I hugged Chris to show we were still together.

I must admit I missed his hugs.

He seemed surprised but hugged me back when he saw his parents in sight.

I just hope he won't kiss me.

My phone started ringing and then realization hit me.

Mark never changed his phone number.

I went away from Chris and his parents to talk on the phone.

"Hey Lana I heard you were leaving. Just called to tell you to enjoy your trip" Mark said.

"Umm ye who told you?"

"Zoe"

"You talk to Zoe?" I asked surprisingly.

"Matthew happens to be a new player in my football team" he said.

"Zoe goes to watch him and she saw me. Did you tell her about me?"

Oh no.

"Wow Zoe never told me. You play sports too?"

"Mmm. Did you tell her?"

"Well I did.. because she's my best friend and has been here for me before you met me and when you left" I stated.

"Right, ok. I just wanted to know. If she tells Matthew... You know I don't want everyone to know my business"

"I promise she won't" I growled.

"Ok..Have a safe trip, Lana. Anyways enjoy that's what I mainly called for. Tell Chris I say Hi"