Chapter 8- Addicting

His house... Why was his house like this? Did he do this often?

"You don't have to answer it if you don't want to". I said.

"No it's fine, I mean I told you I was going to tell you"

I nodded. I had nothing to say. Why was it so serious for him? Dang I was curious.

"So um we do this because we own half of this town...it's like a family tradition to invite everyone like the old times...we are antique it's weird I know...but it helps people who struggle to live in this town because it's expensive and we offer them anything we can... The rest is complicate to explain and-"

"Unreal" I interrupted him, smiling.

"That's unbelievable...incredible...such a nice thing to help others...but why do different age groups have different rooms and so on?"

"It's not just about that" he said

"We have different meetings because we don't just help everyone, actually most people who come here is because they want to help too or have fun" he said.

"Have fun?" I questioned.

"Yes have fun...like praying, we are very religious".

"Oh... Praying is in the category of having fun?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Umm maybe because after we pray we get to know new people every time and talk about our lives, and whatever floats our boat"

"Interesting" I said.

I never saw anything like that...while we were walking through the gardens I asked "why do you like me?" "I don't need an exact answer but really, why?"

"Lana it's time to go home... It's urgent" my mom said searching for me.

"I gotta go..." I started

"I'll call you" he told me.

"Okay I'll expect your call" I smiled and then entered the main entrance, found my family and left. But I won't let go of that question unless I forget to. I smirked to myself.

When we arrived home it was 10pm.

I kept on thinking on how I remembered the house from that Friday night...How I didn't think about seeing who his parents were...Or his cousins...The card, the roses. The call, the text ...I remembered every detail.

"Princess" I said.

"Sorry honey what? Do you need something?" My dad said.

"Oh no I'm fine, goodnight" I smiled at him and went straight to my bedroom.

God, I need to stop daydreaming.

It was Monday morning and when I say I hate Mondays I wasn't kidding.

I realized what a mess my hair was and it was let's say "FIRST DAY" was actually today.

First day as in first day of actual school with classes.

I got out of the house and went on the bus.

I put my earphones on and drifted in my own world...Suddenly I started thinking about Mark and what he would pull up next and started smiling.

"LANAAA OH MY FREAKIN NUGGETS YOU AND MARK SHIPPP"

"Lindsay shut up" I hissed.

"Zoe told me everything aww yous have a lot in common and all"

"We do?" Trying not to sound curious.

"Yasss" she said.

We headed towards our class and prayed Zoe didn't tell everyone. Lindsay was good at keeping her mouth shut but wasn't good at not being loud while talking ...

School flew by and I don't even want to talk about it, ew.

This guy called Matthew hates me and the feeling is mutual.

He got in detention today for being late to class by 30min. Funny. He always picked on me but I always thought he had a crush on Zoe so he was jealous I was her bestfriend.

I kept thinking about Mark during lunch...Mark was all over my head.I wanted roses and a sweet card again or him telling me not to ignore him.

"Zoe did you tell anyone else?"I told her seriously outside the pitch while we were playing soccer.

"Of course I didn't ... Except for Lindsay and Matthew" she said.

"Oh god why are you even his friend? He's a jerk" I said.

I forgot to say the "guy I hated" was also Zoe's Best friend which was so annoying for me to tolerate.

"I think he likes me" she said.

"Oh do you like him?" I said.

"Well I kind of like him...he asked me on a date on Wednesday" she said all excited.

"What the hell Zoe? Why did you never tell me?" I asked. I was mad. I told her everything and she didn't.

"Well I didn't because you hate him and you would hate me too..." She said.

"You know what? Let's just get going" I said. I grabbed my bag, put our track suits in our locker and so we left.

My phone started ringing.

Mark.

Mr.Obsessed with me.

"Hi ." I said.

"Hey ...I was wondering if on Wednesday you would come watch a movie with me.."He said.

"Cool" I only said.

"So is that a date?" He said.

"I'll let you decide" I said.

"Then so it is."

I was so addicted to his ways of making me smile. I have a date with Mr. Obsessed with me.