Chapter 16- Searching

MARK'S P.O.V

Did I really have this effect on her?

I've seen her 4 times in my life, and started liking her.

I kept on driving. This girl runs fast.

I wonder where Chris went? Probably too scared to chase his own girlfriend.

Why did Lana act this way towards me? God, she slapped me.

It's not even been a year I haven't seen her but I like to think it that way to forget her.

I'm here half drunken, thinking and searching the girl I fell In love with and left her.

I shouldn't have left.

I should of called her.

I should of let her know I was still there for her.

Damn.

I took a left in this dark street and quickly recognized her red dress on her flawless skin.

Would she get in the car with me? Would she forgive me for singing to her?

Too drunk to reflect right now and my right cheek burns so much, I think she left a hand print on my face.

I stopped the engine, got out of the car and ran after her.

LANA'S P.O.V

I still can't believe Chris would ever think I would let someone touch me.

Why was he taking so long anyways?

I kept on sobbing and all my mascara was running on my face.

Why was Mark there?

Was it because of Lauren?

Lauren. The cretin who told me not to seat on Mark's seat at his house.

How long has it been? So freaking long.

Not a year to be exact.

Why did he ignore me? Why did he make me like him and give up so quickly when he didn't even give up searching for me after a year but suddenly when my mom screamed at him in the mall.

How could Chris think I would cheat on him?

How could he even say we are over so simply.

I let out another sob.

Sometimes I wish my sister Rose, who's in the army was here. I always say it's only us 5 in the family, but I miss her and I'm sure we all do.

Rose and I ..Mark that day saw me walking with her...what am I even thinking right now?

Will I still go on holidays with Chris on Monday? and where the hell am I goi-

"Lana would you quit walking this fast?!?" Mark shouted from behind me.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" My voice came weak, not as strong as I expected.

"Listen, I know you're mad at me, well obviously -"

"Don't want to hear none of your lies, Mark" I said, pulling my hair behind my back.

"I hate seeing you like this, just listen to me. Please? Do you not want explanations? I know that week we met, we saw each other 3 times, and I was crazy about you, sending you those roses, making your sneaking out...-"

"You don't need to tell me that. I have a boyfriend now." I said, still sobbing. I need to calm down, I can't cry in front of him, I need to be strong.

"I know you do. I'm sorry, I read all your voice-mails of how much you liked me then.." He said running his fingers through his hair.

"Why did you ignore them? Why did you give up? " I said sounding not too harsh.

"Lana it's not that simple"

"So you're telling me it's not that simple? Were you just using me or something?" I said, staring at him.

"For God's sake NO! I really like you. Let me drop you to your place? It's getting late, I'll explain if you want to."

"Explain it now" I said with no hesitation.

"Was I the only one thinking about you all this time and forcing myself to forget about you since you acted like you liked me and then left?"