Chapter Three: Sam Makes a Huge Change

Chapter Three: Sam Makes a Huge Change!

Sam flipped

Her first week of school went by without incident; it was very different from high school, and Sam absorbed everything like a sponge.  She met a nice boy in his second year of ballet, this being her initial; he took her under his wing, since he was also an assistant to the teacher, it was how he paid his tuition. Sam and he got on really well, and soon she was dancing again like a professional.

“Hey, Sam,” he said into the phone.

Sam had just given him her number that day; they were supposed to practice later this evening.

“Hey, Jared, how are tricks?” Sam laughed.

“Tricks of for kids, babe,” he teased.

Sam laughed into her phone; Jared was such a card, he had not come out and explained his sexual orientation to her yet, but she could feel her gay-dar go off. She had no qualms with Jared being gay; it actually made her more comfortable around him.

“So Jar-bear, are we hooking up to dance this evening?” Sam asked.

“Of course, gorgeous, let’s meet at my brother’s gym at Eight p.m. I will text you the address then?”

“Sounds like a plan, sweetie. I will see you at Eight." As she disconnected the call, her heart felt warm, she was gratified to know she had found a friend so quickly.

Sam walked through the campus parking lot and jumped into her awaiting limo.

“Good day, Pete! I need a lift home, and then I am going to the gym later this evening, and since I know you have a family, I will take a cab. Can it be our secret?” She held her breath for a moment as she saw in indecisiveness war within his conscience. “Pete I promise it will be alright. Act as if we never spoke of me leaving the building, okay."

She saw Pete breathe out and say, “Yes, Sam.”

As she made her way back home, she sighed and thought, This must be how Candy felt for so many years. I am nineteen years old!

Later that evening

Sam had an, honest to God, cab ride! It was exciting, she told the driver to take her on a tour of all the local favorites. She saw the epic Washington Square. She could see how someone could literally spend hours there, they then passed Virgin Record Mega-Store.

She then asked the cabby, “Where can I go for a great color and haircut and perhaps a tan as well?”

“You should visit, Astor Place Haircuts, there are very trendy vintage clothing outlets there as well. If you are more into upper class shopping, there is also SoHo,” he explained.

Sam looked at her simple yet expensive clothing and died a little inside; she looked like a spoilt princess, not a regular New York student. She would have to go shopping for some beautiful basic gear. She had never owned a pair of Levi's, and that bothered her immensely.  She had at no time really had a normal childhood, as-a-mater-of–fact; she was still not living a regular life now.

Sam sighed internally and made a vow; she would try to live a normal existence here and if her father didn’t like it, she could easily afford another apartment, since she was granted her trust and the money she had saved over the years, she was wealthy beyond any means. She couldn’t possibly spend all her money in her lifetime, even if she spent and spent twenty-four hours a day. With that thought firmly in place she decided to relax and enjoy her ride.

Much later the evening.

Sam was spent and doubled over in sweat, all the extra foods she had been eating the last few weeks were starting to take a toll on her.