- eight -

Jungkook did a double take as he entered his home.

There, lounging on his couch, was the one and only Kim Taehyung.

"Welcome home Jungkookie..." Taehyung said lowly before turning his head to look straight into Jungkook's widened eyes.

Jungkook slowly walked towards Taehyung.

"Why are you here? How did you get in?" Jungkook asked out loud, a frown slowly appearing on his face.

"Let's just say...I have a handsome face and the receptionist is one gullible fucker," Taehyung said as if it meant nothing.

"What happened to meeting at the alleyway?" Jungkook asked, standing on the other side of the coffee table and facing Taehyung.

"I'm impatient and I was bored so I decided to come here myself."

"You do realise that I am a trained policeman and I can arrest you right here, right now."

"But I know you won't."

"Try me."

"If you arrest me, you won't get anything out of me and I have plenty of friends on the outside who can help me escape. It's really no use," Taehyung shrugged.

Jungkook sighed, putting his face in his hands.

"Why is this so hard? Fuck me...," he whispered under his breath, hating how Taehyung was so hard to deal with.

"Ok."

"W-w-wait what?" Jungkook stuttered.

Taehyung stood up and walked around the coffee table.

"I said ok," he said walked towards Jungkook.

They were almost the same height but Jungkook still felt small under Taehyung's gaze.

Taehyung continued to walk forward and Jungkook continued to walk backwards until his back hit a wall.

Taehyung stood in front of Jungkook with his hands in his pocket staring straight into Jungkook's doe eyes. Something flashed across Taehyung's eyes but before Jungkook could figure out what, Taehyung turned around.

"Haha, just kidding. I'm a fucking murderer. No one wants to fuck with me."

Jungkook only continued to stare at the back of Taehyung's head as he walked back to the sofa and sat down again. He didn't really have a reply to what Taehyung had just said.

Jungkook slowly peeled himself away from the wall and sat down on a single couch across from Taehyung.

Taehyung was silent for a while and had his head down. Jungkook began to wonder if he had fallen asleep and was about to speak up when suddenly Taehyung looked up and straight into Jungkook's eyes.

There was something about Taehyung's eyes that Jungkook couldn't put a finger on. Was it worried? Scared? Sad? It seemed to be a mixture of all the negative emotions in a human being. Taehyung and Jungkook stayed staring at each other like that for awhile.

"Jungkook..."

Although Jungkook was staring at Taehyung, his mind had wandered off and he snapped back to reality when he hear Taehyung's deep voice call out his name.

"W-what?" Jungkook mentally cursed himself for stuttering.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung whispered.

"Well, there are many things you should be sorry for you know? Fucking murdering so many people, torturing me and others and you finally decide to apologise," Jungkook stated matter-of-factly. Taehyung still stared back at him.

Taehyung slowly got up and began to head to the door. Jungkook quickly got up and stumbled behind him.

"Hey where you going now?" Jungkook asked.

"Home."

He has a home?...of course he has a fucking home, Jungkook. Yeah, he's a murderer but that doesn't make him homeless.

"Oh ok that's it? Wait, how can I trust that you are going home and not going to fuck some person up?"

Taehyung didn't answer and continued to walk until he reached the front door. He seemed to hesitate a bit before opening the door and exiting at last.

Jungkook let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. That was weird... He wanted to go after Taehyung. After all, he was a murderer but deep down Jungkook trusted what Taehyung had said. Jungkook strode back to his sofa and sat down. He called Hoseok and told him what had happened and asked him if he could keep an eye on Taehyung through the cameras just in case.

A few minutes later, Hoseok texted Jungkook saying that Taehyung seemed to have entered an apartment and stayed there which meant he did end up going home after all. Jungkook asked Hoseok to write down the address for further investigations later on.

Jungkook sighed and walked back into his bedroom too tired to do anything else. He changed into his pyjamas, slipped into bed and stared out his bedroom window at the night sky outside with nothing else to distract him...

———————

Taehyung entered his apartment suite at the top level of the building.

He took off his shoes and headed straight to the balcony. He stepped out into the cold, airy night of Seoul and took a deep breath in. He slowly breathed out and leaned against the rail, looking out to the city view.

Taehyung's hair moved in the wind and his jacket was barely keeping him warm but he was too lazy to go in and grab another jacket.

He thought back onto what had happened a few moments ago. He thought of Jungkook's face inches from his and the scared look in the younger's eyes, his body rigid from fear. For a policeman, he is such a scaredy cat. Taehyung chuckled at the thought but his face fell as his mind reminded himself of his darkest secret.

The reason why Jungkook's so scared is because you're a fucking murderer.

Taehyung reached into his blazer pocket and brought out a small folded white piece of paper with a small red rose on the cover. Taehyung stared at the card in front of him and opened it up to reveal its contents.

Taehyung reached in his pocket, this time for his phone, and dialled a familiar number.

After a few rings, the other side picked up. Taehyung spoke up before the other had a chance to.

"Dear Jungkook,

I'm sorry for what I did twelve years ago. I'm sorry for everything I've done. I'm sorry for torturing and murdering so many innocent lives. I'm sorry for making you suffer all these years.

I know you must hate me now but...

... it was all for you.

Love, ...V."

Taehyung ended the call as soon as the last word left his mouth and looked up at the night sky, tears streaming down his face. Unfamiliar emotions were filling him and old memories resurfacing. Taehyung wanted to scream. Why am I such a psychopath? Why must I fuck everything up to get what I want? Why can't I be normal?

Why did I fall for Jeon Jungkook?

———————

. : PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE : .

Hey guys! So sorry for the such a long wait. I was super busy last week and this is such a short and shitty chapter but good news is, I will probably upload another chapter before the week ends! :)

This chapter also zoomed through a lot of stuff. Taehyung had a fucking mental breakdown, Jungkook is confused af and everything's just really confusing and fucked up but I promise I will try and make everything clear in the next chapter :)

Also, thanks for so many reads and your support so far! I am really thankful and I honestly didn't expect so many people to be interested in this book so thank you guys so much :) love you <3

Anyways, thank you for reading <3

-serexc