Chapter 4. Finally.

Chapter 4. Finally.

Sweet dreams? How could she say that? Her and her twisted little mind. What the fuck is wrong with her?!

"Brooke! Brooke, what happened?" Niall asked, soothingly rubbing circles on my back.

"M-mom! S-she.. C-c-call.. S-she.. She said she would find me! She said she would kill me!" I finally screamed, sobbing loudly, sliding down the wall.

"She won't find you, I promise. I'll protect you. She won't get near you." He said, not so calmly.

"Thank you, so much. But you don't know my mom. She'll do whatever it takes to kill me."

"Yeah, well, she'd have to kill me first."

"I wouldn't let that happen to you, ever. Why do you care so much? I mean, nobody in my life has ever said they would die for me. Nobody. Why would you?"

"Because I'm at least a little sensible. I care about you, so much. I don't know why. But.. But.. It's like. It's like that love at first sight thing. I never believed in that, until now. I mean think about it. When I first saw your face on the news, my heart fluttered. But when I heard what happened to you, and saw that picture of you going towards the train, you know what I did? I ran. I didn't even know you, and I went out of my way to save your life. And those sparks.. You feel them too right?"

I nodded, not lying.

"And that cloud.. I feel like it all means something. But it's really early. I've never felt this way before. And I've never admitted anything like this, but I feel like I can tell you anything. Like we're best friends that have known eachother forever."

"I know. I feel completely the same way. But I think we should wait a while.. It has only been one day." I said, clearing my tears up.

"I agree. Now, let's get you to bed."

I agreed, nodding my head and snuggling up to him in the large bed once again. Without second thought, I drifted off to sleep.

ONE WEEK LATER

It's been a week. There has been no sign of my mom, and not a lot has happened. I met the boys, who I found were normally crazy and out of it, but around me were more serious. It wasn't awkward, just, they were very mature and careful. They didn't like touching me, they thought they would hurt me. After seeing the large scar on my forehead, hidden by my hair, where the gash once was, they were afraid they would kill me by just one touch. They always checked up on me, and it was really nice, but I'm fine, and I wish they would understand that.

Alexis and I have talked a couple times, but not much. She knew I'd be staying with Niall, and she thought that's where I'd be safest.

My dad was home from L.A. but I wasn't able to see him.

Niall and I were still getting to know eachother, but we've become closer, if that was possible. We had a certain bond nobody could break. Louis once said to me, "Don't worry. You two are perfect for eachother. You're closer to him after just these few days than we were in a month. I've never seen him like this.. He's lovestruck."

And that gave me chills.

Was I in love with Niall?

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't really have a problem with it. He's my best friend. And I actually wouldn't mind being more. Over this week, I realized that he was a great guy. He was like those guys in the movies, that were so perfect you didn't even think existed.

"Hey, Brooke, you ready to go?"

"Oh, yeah!"

I walked down the stairs in my bright blue bikini, covered by my flowy top and shorts. My hair was up in a high ponytail, but it still reached my middle back. I'd always loved my long hair, it normally reaches just above my butt.