Chapter 19. Singing For Who?!

Chapter 19

-One Month Later-

“I’m tired of your bullshit! Leave me alone!”

By now I was laughing my ass off, almost to the point of peeing myself.

I was lying on the couch watching Friends reruns while the boys were rehearsing.

“Let’s go crazy, crazy, crazy, till we see the sun! I know we only-“

“Hello?” I answered the phone.

“Hey babe! I miss you soooo much..” Niall answered.

“Ni, it’s been an hour.. You’ll be fine.”

“But I miss you..”

“I miss you too, babe, but don’t you need to be rehearsing?”

“Oh, yeah.. Well they don’t know I’m gone but they will soon, so I love you beautiful, bye!”

“I love you too babe.” I giggled and hung up, throwing my phone on the couch while I got up and went to the kitchen.

Pouring myself another glass of Dr. Pepper, I sighed. Everything seems too perfect now. Why is my life so messed up? If my life was a human, it’d definitely be bipolar. I smiled to myself and sat back down, looking at my phone.

One new message!

From: ThatSexyAlexiss!(:

How’s life been, stranger?

ALEXIS!! I hate to say it, but I really forgot about her.. I guess so much has gone on that the most important things just left my mind.

To: ThatSexyAlexiss!(:

It’s been.. an adventure. Hahah! What about you?

I put my phone down once again, and went to take a shower. As soon as I got out, the boys came home.

“BROOKLYN?” The boys yelled crazily.

I walked into the living room. “I was taking a shower you dumbfucks.” I adjusted the shorts and t-shirt I just threw on. Just then, I got trampled. Five boys jumped on me and hugged me.

“Brooke! We missed you!” Louis screamed.

“Okay, whatever.” I smiled and pushed them off of me.

“He’s serious. We hardly ever see you..” Liam butted in.

“Well that’s gonna change, alright? I want to spend as much time as I can with all of you. After my nap.”

“Aw, come on Brooklyn, let’s go to the park or something!” Louis jumped up and down, begging.

“Fine.” I sighed. Everyone cheered and walked out the door, except Niall.

“We don’t really have to go, you know..” He trailed off,  grabbing my hand.

“No, they’re right. I need to spend more time with them.”

All six of us were walking down the road, like normal human beings, until Louis of course, starts singing.

“OUR HOUSE, IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR STREEEET!! OUR HOUSE… IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR STREET!!!” He skipped along the road.

He stopped singing and hesitated for a second.

“Um… BROOKLYN SING.”

“Wahhhht.”

“Yeah. Sing.”

“Once we get to the park.”

I don’t really want to sing.. But I guess I could if it’ll make them happy. I know that when I sing, Niall gets the biggest smile on his face, for whatever reason that is.

I personally don’t like my singing. It sounds like a dying whale mixed with a walrus.

Niall grabbed my hand, and whispered in my ear.

“Don’t worry. You’re amazing. I love your singing..”

I smiled and looked down at my shoes, feeling a blush come up.

“You’re so cute when you do that.” He smiled.

“Do what?” I asked, oblivious, and biting my lip.

“That! The blushing, the lip biting, the smiling at the ground. Hah. See what I did.”  He smiled to himself, obviously proud.

“SWINGS!!” Louis screamed so loud, all the birds flew away.

Everyone ran to the swings except Niall and I, who just stayed back hand in hand.

“Brooke! You can sing now.” Louis said excitedly as we walked up and sat on a bench near the swings.

I sighed. “What song?”

They threw out all these nonsense songs that I had never heard of, until Harry suggested one that actually makes sense.

“Alright, alright! I have one.”

I took a deep breath and began.

“No, I can’t take one more step towards you..

Cause all that’s waiting is regret.

And don’t you know I’m not your ghost anymore…

You lost the love I loved the most…’’

The guys looked surprised, or frightened, or something..

‘’ I learned to live half alive.. And now you want me one more time.

And who do you think you are, running around leaving scars…”

I continued the whole song, nervous. When I ended, they clapped.

Why.

“Brooklyn… You are AMAZING! How come you never told us that?”

I shrugged.

“I’m not that good..”

They scoffed, and tried to talk me into a recording contract.

“No! I’m not cut out for that!”

“I’m not so sure about that..” some random voice came from literally nowhere.

After I embarrassed myself looking everywhere, Zayn pointed to his phone.

Caller ID read…

Simon?!

(Hey guys, this is a filler, sorry. I owe you guys a long chapter but everyone was saying they were gonna give up on reading this story. I had to update no matter how short! I'll be working on a long one soon! Very soon. Love you guys! Also, comment what you think will happen next? :D )