Nine | The Dragon in the Woods

Hey, guys, I am back with a new chapter. Sorry for the hiatus. I have been busy with a lot of things for the past few months. But I am on summer vacation now, so I have plenty of time to write.

Since Httyd3 is coming out soon, I thought I'd get back to writing fanfictions. I missed writing them.

Are you guys excited for Httyd3? What do you want to see in httyd3?

Oh yeah, Christmas was a couple days ago and want to say...Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!

Anyway, enjoy this chapter and please don't forget to vote, comment and share if you are enjoying this story :)

-JenniferTjandrajana

The three teens, startled, met the chief's stern gaze.

Immediately, they ceased what they were doing. If the chief caught anybody harming his son and heir, well they will surely be sorry.

In the past, Stoick has caught the twins and Snotlout thrashing his poor defenceless son. He would give them a stern warning, and a punishment to clean the dragons' dens.

Even though Stock was chief, that didn't mean he stopped being Hiccup's father. He did care for his son and made a promise to his late wife he would take care of him.

When Astrid met the chief's stern gaze, she immediately dropped her axe. Her head hung low in shame, accepting whatever punishment will come her way.

"Well, can anyone tell me what is going on?" Stoick glanced at his injured son, "Why is Hiccup lying there with bruises?"

The young Vikings exchanged worried looks. They knew they've gone too far this time.

Whatever punishment Stoick had in mind, they were ready to take on it.

Astrid glared coldly at Hiccup. If he hadn't lied to her, she wouldn't have reacted this way. But she couldn't blame him when this was her fault.

Astrid had let her anger consume her and failed to think about the consequences.

Guilt kicked inside her as she turned her gaze away from the Haddock boy.

"We...we were teaching Hiccup how to fight," Astrid said, finally meeting the chief's gaze.

Tuffnut gave an incredulous look, "No we weren't. We were beat-''

"Yes! It was Astrid's idea," Snotlout declared, clamping a hand over Tuffnut's mouth, "She thought Use- I mean, Hiccup would need help learning to fight. He isn't the best fighter as you know,"

Stoick raised a brow, "Is that so?"

Astrid nodded. "Yes, sir. He's still a beginner, so he has a lot of work to do," she stared at Hiccup's bruised lips, "Oh, and the twins went a bit too rough on him,"

Stoick hummed in response. He swung his head back, laughing. His large belly bouncing.

"Well, if you've been teaching my boy to fight, then that's great!" Stoick hollered, "It's about time you took things seriously, son,"

Hiccup let out a low moan. He slowly sat up but collapsed on the ground from the stiffness of his body.

"He's really worn out," Snotlout chuckled, backing away. "Well, see you around, Chief!"

The twins, who were bickering over something trailed after Snotlout down the village.

Once Stoick went inside his home, Astrid gave one last look at Hiccup. She turned away, sauntering down the hill.