25.

Dean Clarke

Dean Clarke

Bella was laying on my chest, fast asleep, while Talia was snuggled up against me with her eyes closed. I know she was tired and I didn't blame her, especially since we've all been in the hospital all damn day. Though we were cramped as fuck in this small ass bed, I didn't mind at all because I liked having my family close to me. It made me feel as if I can protect them from any and everything, and I will regardless of my fucked up arm.

"Bella's first Christmas was ruined." Talia murmured, opening her eyes. They were deep red, as if she had just finished crying, but I know it was from exhaustion.

"Yeah it was, but thankfully she won't remember any of this." I said, looking down at our sleeping daughter.

"I know she won't, but we will. First memories are everything and we have to remember that on her first Christmas, our entire family was in a shoot out, and her dad, uncle, grandma, and...Jackie were shot."

"Hey, look at me." She looked up at me, sighing heavily. "After today, this will all be over and we are going to finally be free of all the drama and bullshit. So instead of focusing on all the negative shit that's happened, focus on the positive things that are about to happen. Like our wedding, Bella's first birthday, the birth of our first child...you know, things like that." She smiled a little as she leaned up and kissed me, rubbing her hands down my face.

"You always know how to make me feel better." She said. 

"That's what I'm here for baby." I chuckled, leaning down and kissing her lips. Bella started whining a little as she squirmed around, picking her head up before dropping it back down. 

"She's going to wake up soon and it's not going to be pretty." Talia sighed. "You think Tevin and Jude will be back soon?"

"Yeah I'm sure they will be." I assured her.

"I'm just nervous because I haven't heard anything since they left, and that's usually not a good sign." I wrapped my good arm around her, placing a kiss on her forehead as I rubbed her back. 

"Stop worrying so much and just rest. That's what you need right now and I don't need you stressing yourself or the baby out." She nodded her head and closed her eyes, slowly but surely dozing off until their was a loud knock at the door. She jerked awake, quickly sitting up, as Tevin and Jude walked in with Bella's diaper bag,

"Oh thank God!" She jumped out of the bed and ran into Tevin's arms, hugging him tight.

"No hug for your future brother in law?" Jude smirked, holding his arms out.

"I guess I can spare a hug for you." She laughed, hugging him tight. "So...how did it go? Or did you both not..." 

"We took care of it. It's done." Tevin said, handing her the diaper bag. "I gotta go check on Jackie, Syd, and Ivy. I'll be back in a minute." He turned and walked out of the room, as Talia turned back and walked towards the bed.

"Is it just me or is he acting weird?" I questioned, allowing Talia to grab Bella from me so she could change her diaper and feed her.

"I noticed it too."

"Yeah...Quentin said something to him and I don't think he's taking the news well." Jude said, sitting down.

"What did he say?"Me and Talia asked, at the same time.

"Apparently, Jackie was playing Tevin since the beginning and she thought that she could get inside his head, but in reality she fell in love and got pregnant by him."

"Are you fucking serious?" Talia snapped.

"Baby calm down. You can't honestly believe anything that Quanie says because that muthafucka was nothing but a liar!" I said.

"He seemed hella serious, but I don't know his ass like that."

"Well I know him very well, but since I wasn't there...I'm not sure what to believe." She said, shaking her head.

"Man look, I've seen the way Jackie looks at Tevin and there is no way that she was playing him." I said. Though I don't know Jackie well enough to come to her defense, I just can't take the word of a person that does nothing but lie all the time.

"We'll just have to wait until Jackie is out of surgery and has recovered, if she even makes it. I'm sorry to say this, but she's been in surgery way too long." Jude said.

"Jude...don't say that."

"I'm just speaking facts, but I'm going to go check on New New and make sure everyone else is okay. If I hear anything about Jackie, then I'll let you both know." He stood up and walked out of the room, as Talia walked back over towards my bed.

"Do you think what Jude told us is true?" She asked.

"I can't even say. The only people that know the truth are Quanie and Jackie, and since Quanie is dead now...we're just going to have to wait to hears Jackie's side of the story." I told her. If what Quanie said about Jackie is true...I don't even know what the hell Tevin's going to do to that girl, but I pray to God that everything he told them was lie. I don't think this family could take another dead body. Especially with all the bodies that have been piling up over the last year.

- Thoughts?

- Do Ya'll Think Quanie Was Telling The Truth About Jackie?