Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The day passed by uneventful as expected until french period where justin asked me to be his date to the dance; and that is when everything went awkward.

I couldnt reject my best friend so i agreed assuming we are going as friends and nothing more but i recognized the light in his eyes the moment i said yes and i had a feeling we weren't going just as friends. Plus no one asked me to be their date so i had no excuse.

When the final bell rang everyone hurried to their cars where girls started screaming and fangirling which means that they are overly excited obviously. But justin and i's car ride back home was filled with unusual awkward silence. We should be making fun of the girls out there and taking parts on who should play the role of which tough guy but apparently justin couldnt erase that huge grin off his face.

What is up with him?

Justin dropped me off infront of my house and i gave him the friendly hug that we shared since forever but his cheeks seem to redden. I dont know what to do at the moment so i just gave him a sweet smile as i ran home wanting to escape this awkward situation. I almost tripped by doing so but two strong arms caught me. Justin.

He just smiled as he turned back to his car and drove off.

I just shook my confusion and went inside to start getting ready.

I took an hour long shower because apparently im covered in awkwardness and its too much for one day.

The dance was in 3 hours which bought me enough time to do my hair and makeup i think. Im obviously a fan of a simple touch of eye liner and lipstick.

I covered my face with foundation and a touch of concealer under my eyes to cover those hideous bags and added a darker color of blush on my cheeks to give an effect. Well thats what i heard on tv and on youtube makeup tutorials. I finished my makeup and straightened my hair to curl them at the bottom gathering my hair to one side.

I had 30 more minutes till justin comes and picks me up. So i gave my lips one last touch of red lipstick to match my long red dress.

I wont lie, dressing up and getting dolled up is one of my favorite things to do but bragging about it isnt.

I got dressed with the shoes and the right bag looking myself in the mirror . I smiled proudly at the job well done and walked down stairs.

The first thing i spotted are my parents tearing up as they saw me walking down the stairs.

"Our little girl is growing up" my dad whispered in my mum's ears. She just nodded and smiled.

"You look so pretty" my 10 year old sister smiled holding the camera in between her hands.

"Thank you gorgeous" i smiled kissing her forehead.

"Oh here i got lipstick all over your face" i baby talked to her as i wiped them off her forehead.

"Family photos" my sister screamed jumping in the air. I laughed as i opened my arms for a hug. She came running in squeezing me with her tiny hands as my mom gave the camera to my dad.

I smiled for a photo of us girls and one with my parents.

My dad was lecturing me about drinking and driving but lucky for me justin came right on time knocking on my door.

I couldnt help but run away from this conversation and go open the door.

"Hi" i smiled.