Day 2

It's not until your dying that you realize how great your life is. So when I was diagnosed with Arakumur, I realized that no matter how hard my life has been, there was more good in it than bad. I woke up late today, around noon, I had slept for about thirteen hours. Alex was making lunch, more soup, when I woke up. I couldn't get up, my body ached like I had run a marathon without my powers. "Kara! Your awake! How are you feeling?" Alex said, noticing I was awake. I groaned. "Like I got hit by a bus." Alex walked over, feeling my forehead for a temperature. I wasn't feverish, but Alex looked concerned. "Kara, I'm moving you too the hospital tomorrow." She said. "Hospital?" I asked, confused. "The DEO constructed one for aliens just recently." she said. With great effort, I stood up. Alex helped me sit on a chair, and brought me a glass of water. She disappeared into the bathroom, where she ran a warm bath. I stripped myself down and sunk into the warm water, sighing. I closed my eyes for a minute, or so I thought. I opened my eyes to see her waving her hand in front of my face. "Kara?" she said. "Wait, huh, what?" I asked. "you've been in here for twenty minutes." she said. I sighed and she helped me get back up, wrapping me in a fluffy towel. "What do you want to wear?" Alex asked. "Just my black leggings and the blue dress." I said. I changed, and Alex pulled my hair into a ponytail. "I'm going to go resign at CatCo today. I still need to tell James what happened, Winn already knows like the rest of the DEO." I said. Alex nodded. "I'm coming with you, you look like you are about to pass out." she said. Alex was wearing her more civilian outfit, navy blue skinny jeans, and a dark green t-shirt. We took a cab to CatCo, where, after closing the glass office doors, I sat down to explain to James that I was sick. "So, basically, I'm dying. I have a genetic mutation caused blood disease. I only have about two weeks left. That's why I'm resigning from CatCo, because I am being transferred to a hospital tomorrow." He started crying, and hugged me, and then I started crying, which resulted in me having another coughing fit. "Oh my god Kara, is that blood?" James said. I nodded, the crimson flowers that had come from my lungs blossoming onto the tissue. I wiped my eyes and filled out the resignation form. Alex and I went back to the apartment, where I had some soup. Alex then went to nap, she hadn't slept well, while I pulled up my laptop and wrote my will. I began to pack up some of my things, labeling the boxes, donate, and sell. Alex came back, finally awake and helped me pack some of my things, and pack a hospital bag. She grabbed a carton of ice cream, and we turned on Supernatural, something we were hooked onto. I nibbled at it, but pushed the carton away. Alex looked concerned. "I'm just not hungry." I said. I lay my head in her lap, which is where I stayed until around dinner, when someone knocked on the door. "Hey Danvers, little danvers." It was Maggie. Alex kissed her, and the two of them sat down on the other couch. Alex used a pillow to prop me up, and tucked the blanket tighter around me. "Little Danvers, I know that you are sick, but remember to keep fighting." Maggie said. I cried again. "I'm going to die, that's for sure." I say. Maggie gently hugs me, and wipes my tears with her sleeve. The three of us watched Supernatural for some time, but I got sleepy, so I changed into my pajamas. Alex made me eat a little Jello, and I went to bed. Later that night I felt Alex slip into the bed, and put one hand on my cheek. "Maggie?" I murmured. "On the couch." Alex replied.