Day 11

She was back on Krypton, back with her parents, little Kal El, her aunt and uncle, Astra, even Non. Everyone was sitting around the table, drinking Kryptonian tea, and eating dinner. As Kara took a bite of her food, she sighed. Her mom lightly placed a hand on her own. 

"All okay?" she asked in Kryptonian. Kara nodded and placed a ring laden hand on her growing belly. Her mom noticed this immediately. "Mon El will be back soon, don't you worry, after all, he's just with his friends," Kara nodded and looked down, to the silver band Mon El had given her when they got married. It had blue gems on it. For her eyes he had said. She had hated him when they first had to get married, uniting the planets. Now, she loved him with all her heart. The door opened, and he walked in. She got up immediately, and threw herself into his arms. He clutched her gently, and looked apologetically at the table, before leading Kara to their room. He sits down on the bed, she's still attached to his hip. 

"How are you?" he asks, referring to the child in her belly. 

"My stomach hurts," she whispers. Mon El looked into her pain filled eyes.

"It's time," she says, squeezing his hand. He helps her lay on the bed, and calls for a doctor. Alura came into the room and sat watching silently, as  the young couple prepared for the arrival of their young child.

----

Alex kept pacing back and forth over the floor. 

"Mon El! It hurts! It hurts so bad!" Kara yelped once more. Alex glanced at a sweating Kara on the hospital bed. Her eyes were closed, but she kept mumbling his name. Alex was filled with rage. Mon El. That thieving, hideous scoundrel had taken Kara's heart, and left, ripping her soul. This left her depressed for months. Why was Kara thinking of him? 

---

Kara screamed loudly in pain as another contraction hit. She was sweating, and Mon El had her hands in his. She was in the Kryptonian hospital, and was surrounded by nurses. The doctor, a woman in purple medical robes approached her. "It's time daughter of Zor El." Kara nodded. She felt the numbing medicine and her eyes closed. She felt the pain, and then it wasn't there. As she healed under the yellow sun lamps, which were only accessible in hospitals, her daughter was cleaned and wrapped in a lavender blanket, before being placed in her father's arms. He bent over her, glancing at her perfect brown curls, bright, blue eyes, and rosy lips. 
"Welcome to the world Zara Mon El," he said. He glanced at his wife, who's eyes were opening.

"Look my darling. She's here. Our little angel has arrived,"

---

Alex was sitting by Kara's side, clutching her green veined hand. Kara's eyes opened briefly. Alex could see their clear blue. "Kara?" she asked. "Kara can you hear me?" Kara opened her mouth, but instead of replying, she screamed, 

"Help!" Her body was shaking, she was crying, and she was clawing at her IV. She started pleading, "Rhea, please don't, please don't." Alex's fists curled up and her face turned red. That bitch Rhea had taken Kara's heart. She couldn't stand to see her baby sister in pain any longer.

"Nurse!" she called. The redheaded nurse burst into the room. 

"Yes?" she asked.

"Can we give her some sedative? She's going to hurt herself from the thrashing around."

"Yes, let me just ask the doctor," the nurse said, fleeing the room. Kara was now clawing at her cannula. Alex had to pin her hands down. The nurse came back with approval from the doctor, and inserted the syringe into Kara's IV bag. Slowly, and surely, Kara calmed down, until the only sound she made was her weak, shallow, breathing.