Day 15: The Goodbye

Everyone gathered around Kara's bed early. They were all there. Everyone was gathered to say goodbye to the beautiful blond who had entered their lives, who had touched each and everyone of their souls. The steady beeping of the EKG was the background music as everyone took turns to say their goodbyes while she was still breathing.

"Thank you for being the best assistant, the best hero our city could ask for," - Cat Grant. 

"Thank you for being a beautiful soul, who was too good for this corrupt world,"- James Olsen.

"Thank you for making us laugh, for being my best friend. I aspire to be like you," - Winn Schott

"Thank you for being the sister I never had, for believing in me when I didn't want to believe in myself," - Lena Luthor.

"Thank you for being my role model, and the best cousin in the entire universe," -Kal El (Clark Kent)

"Thank you for being my daughter. You have truly shaped me into a better person," - Eliza Danvers.

"Thank you for being my fiancees rock, and thank you for teaching me how to love again," - Maggie Sawyer.

"I never got to tell you how much I love you, and how glad I am you came into my life,"- Alex Danvers.

Suddenly Kara opened her eyes and smiled up at them. The EKG started beeping rapidly and her eyes started to fall close. As the flatline sounded, a doctor announced "Time of death, 8:52 am"

Tears fell rapidly, Kara was gone, she was really gone. They would never see her beautiful blue eyes, or radiant, hopeful smile again. 

Her blond hair lay splayed across the pillow, her lids closed over her sparkling eyes. When touched, she no longer had the warmth of a living person. A small smile graced her fragile face. 

Happy. She had died happy, with everyone she loved around her.